General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I had no problems with my dove shower cream while out there, not a load of foam but a lovely creamy feeling on the skin while in the shower, and afterwards.
i used the lemon original source and tons of "wobble" i just used a sponge
Use plain old Avon and never had a problem :tup
Best by far we've found is Imperial Leather Foam Burst. Tiny amount produces lots of foam :tup

You can even get it in travel size from Asda in their buy 3 products offers in the travel part. My friend and I went away for a week and 1 travel size did the 2 of us. Hubby and I take the normal size for 2 weeks and always have plenty left. We use scrunchies for showering.

Plenty of fragrances to choose from:-

http://www.superdrug.com/shower-gel/imperial-leather-foamburst-japanese-spa-200ml/invt/434086/
We live in Cyprus and I can vouch for Dove cream shower gel with a scrunchie for a serious bit of "wobble".

Avon Skin So Soft also produces some good foam but I only have that if someone brings it out for me when Avon do their special offers.

We can get Avon products in Cyprus - they come from Greece. But when you look at the cost of the products it makes you wonder if they had to buy their own plane ticket to get here! :yikes

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
Depends where you go, I cannot get a bubble in certain parts of Spain (Benidorm is the worst) because the water is just too alkaline (hard.)

I use Aleppo soap, it does produce a lather (even in Spain) and it contains no Sodium laureth sulfate or artificial stuff like plastics and binders, it's the kindest purest thing you can use on your skin, you can get shaved or wash your hair with it, but I wouldn't use it in the bath either abroad or here in Yorkshire, only because it makes a real mess of the bath with the scum it leaves behind and I'm a lazy moo. (we have hard water - it runs off the limestone Pennines into the reservoirs)
It has a distinctive smell when you use it, but the smell doesn't stay on your skin, it's not a sickly artificial smell of lemons, lime or whatever, it's more of a 'cleansing smell'...hard to explain a smell in words. lol
The way it's made, makes it a rock hard soap...one bar seems to go on forever.

http://www.alepposoap.com/presentation.html
I've taken Foam Burst to Spain a few times and it's always worked a treat :tup
Looks like it'll be foamburst for my next trip then - now I'll just have to book something to try it out :rofl
The last thing I want to be creating in the shower is extra wobble, my bum and belly manage to do enough of that without help from the shower gel! :cry
Aww bless Rachels79 :kiss
Helen try it out at home first and let us know how you get on :tup
nowt wrong with a bar of good old carbolic soap ;)
I've used the imperial leather foam bursts at home and agree that it gets loads of soft foam. I've never tried it abroad though as I've always used a shower gel with aloe vera (to soothe sun scorched skin) or more recently a lemon one to detract the mossies. I may give the foamburst a go next time :tup
I bought the foam burst (Hawaiian) for the first time today and it smells lovely. I squirted a very small amount on the back of my hand and it took ages for the foam to wash away. I think it is good value for money.
Foamburst lasts a long time and you can double it up as a shave gel too :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.