Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi no great expert on Side although have been once before. My wife and I are going to the Hemera in Side in July and from what we see all the reviews are excellent, if there is a bad one (and I'm sure there is one somewhere!) we can't find it. There are a number of AI hotels in this part of Side and yes it is about 10 minutes by dolmus outside the main resort, however it is on the lovely sandy beach and there are a few bars and restaurants just across the road if you want a change of atmosphere. The Melas AI also has a good reputation, look at the reviews.Be aware though that this part of Turkey is very international, many guests at these hotels will be German and Russian with a few British holidaymakers as well. As the season gets under way reviews of the hotels for the current season will come in e.g. I know a few list members from HT are off to the Hemera in the next few weeks., I'm sure they will provide helpful feedback for you and the rest of us!

Alistair
Hi, We stayed at the Melas Resort Hotel in Side. I would recommend it. Throughly clean, Food is excellent very good variety. Right on the beach. Perfect.
Not been myself, but my friend has stayed twice in the Hemera and cant not praise it enough, she highly recommends it to everyone who asks!!
Hi ellynewton....the hemmera seems to be quite popular.....well we have stayed there and thought it was fantastic. its just on the outskirts of side, only takes 5 min dolmus ride into town or a nice 20 min stroll along the beach. the staff are great, i think the hotel has had a refurb this year so it should be better than ever. i think they are part of the barut group of hotels.....hope this helps, but where ever you decide to go have a good one.....Gavin 8)
We have stayed at the Hotel Arum twice and thoroughly enjoyed it. It is 3 along from the Hemera, also part of the Barut Hotels Group. Again, on the beach, good food, 3 pools, one of them inside, gym, very well organised place, main hotel or apartments.

Has anyone tried the Hemera yet this year? How went the alterations?
Hi rp :D

The Arum is one of my (many :roll: ) possibles for 2008. Is it AI or HB? Also it's quite a bit extra for a sea or pool view room. Will it make any difference if I don't book one to save a little. I'm not bothered about not having a sea view as such, but I dont particularly want to overlook a car park or the kitchens if you know what I mean. Is the food good I am asuming it is the usual buffet and can you walk into Side? Sorry for all the questions, only as you have been twice you are obviously a fan.

Thanks, Doe
Hi everyone,here is the latest review i can find for the [b]HEMERA HOTEL.
Hope it helps,we will be there in 2 weeks :lol:
*Edit for copyright reasons please provide a link Briar
I can also confirm that lifts have now been fitted.
I'm not sure about the individual rooms but here's the website which gives all the info (in English):

http://www.baruthotels.com.tr/arum/eng/index.htm

There is also a link to the Hemera.

It's a pleasant walk along the beach to Side (we did it most days) or you can catch the Dolmus for a 10 minute ride. Don't forget the Manavgat market, also a quick ride on the dolmus.
Definately the Hemera.Its the best hotel I have ever stayed in.The rep said it is the most friendliest hotel in Side considering it caters for many nationalities.It 30 minutes walk along the beach to the old town and the same along the road if you turn right after the police station.There are shops and bars over the road and the dolmus stop is just outside.Everything about this hotel is excellent,food,entertainment,staff,rooms,etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.