Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Not many restaurant,s take cards,and the shacks certainly don,t
There are lots of ATM,S around to change your money.
Do you have a Nationwide flexi card?no charges with them
hope this helps
Ann
We only ever have cash, and have had to visit cash machines with friends in order that they had cash for an evening - so I think that it is better to work on the assumption that you will nead cash.
Last year I tried to use my Halifax Credit Card at several ATMS in Calungute but they all refused.I even phoned them in the UK but they said I should have cleared it before I went, and I never got any satisfaction. So beware of the wonderful singing and dancing idiots at Halifax and check before you go.

Luckily no problems with Virgin. But be wary, the Goan ATMs are very unreliable, theres always someone being refused when I am at the machines.

Nationwide seems very good from some of my friends.
Only the most expensive restaurants will take credit cards. I'd work on the assumption that you'll need cash.
I would also say to be very careful when using ATM's, especially if you are taking alot of cash out, as you can imagine £100 in rups amounts to alot of notes!!! Me and my boyfriend literally had a fight with the machine, because it had a problem dispensing the notes!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.