Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
A few Answers,

Get your eyes tested in UK & buy in Goa, buy in Mapsu or Panjim, the shops in the resorts are rip offs they charge 3-4 times the price in Mapsu & Panjim.

Fake goods vary a lot in quality. Those in shops seem better quality than from stalls.

Lots of ATM's in Tourist areas & main towns. Just ask for nearest at the hotel.

Arpora & Baga are seperated by the Baga river. Completely different. Baga Brash & busy Arpora, quiet & more laid back.

Betty's is good but you will have 2 -3 hour trip by taxi to get to Cavelossim from Baga. It is about an hour further than the Airport.

There is a market in Calangute every day (food & fish) including Sunday. There is a road market in Calangute on Saturdays. The Mapsu market is bigger and huge on Friday. Clothes etc as well as food.

You get mosquiutos at all times mainly at dusk, we use nobite, about £1 a bottle.

Lots of places offer beauty treatment, take your pick.

Lots of restaurants have singers, groups etc at night, also Karaoke is around. The Saturday night markets are good as you can shop, listen to music & eat, good relaxed night out with a lot less hassle than Wednesday Anguna market.

email childrenwalkingtall. Checkout their website

Check food threads, there is one about top 10 in North & south goa.

Have a great time

Steve
In Baga area.............

For entertainment try Sunday nights at Mayonne on the Baga river. :D
or Saturday nights at Ingo's market. :D

For food - lunch at Lila's Cafe and dine at Le Restaurant. :D
You will get cheaper - but you won't get better. IMO.
in north goa, which is where baga is . use "daytrippers", there's a couple of offices around baga and calangute. or" johns trips" which are usually good. definatly don't book with your rep, definatly dearer!!
also you can hire a taxi for the day very cheaply, and he will take you to most of the places at a fraction of the cost!!
hope this helps BOB :gluck :gluck
oh and we will be at "myonnas" on the firt sunday in december!! love it there on sundays, brilliant entertainment!!
BOB :pele :pele :pele
Is myonnas just past the baga bridge, if it is i sat out side last year sunday night it was that packed there was a groop on with a lady singer they where very good.
hi poultonkid,
yep thats the one, over baga bridge turn right , then about 50 yards up the road. you need to get there quite early to get a seat inside. this entertainment only happens on sundays.
BOB
Is Mayonne a restaurant as well?
Yes now i know the name of it,it was nice sitting next to the river having a cool drink,plenty of shade,i have never had a proper meal there only snacks.
yep, you've got it!! they do a pretty mean lobster too!!!!
BOB :pele :pele :pele
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.