Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Single holiday
9 Posts
Yes I am sure that there something suitable for you.

I frequently travel to Corfu and recently Kos on my own and know quite a few people both male & femail who do the same.

Give us some idea of what you are looking for i.e.: lively or quiet etc and I am sure people will be able to give you some great ideas.
I have been to Skiathos a couple of times on my own but I'd like to try somewhere different.

I like nice beaches, boat trips, I usually hire a moped and zip around on that, not too lively, traditional not McDonalds and fish and chips on every street.

I thought about actually 'doing something' rather than sitting on a beach every day like visiting the Parthenon (which I have done a couple of times, but that type of thing to break the week up).

Would it be best to book flight only then accommodation separately of a package deal?
I've just been to Tingaki in Kos and would recommend that, it's got some nightlife, but not OTT, good beaches etc.

The good thing about Kos is that there is alot of scope for trips etc, 15 minutes by hydrofoil to Turkey an hour by boat to Nyssoros a volcanic island, which is also quite traditional too.

There are also trips to a number of other islands including Rhodes as well.

Somewhere else that I like alot, and similar in some ways is the North of Corfu, somewhere along the Northern coast Acharavi or Roda perhaps, not quite so much in the ways of trips etc, but still very good beaches and not too mad.

In Corfu avoid places like Kavos in the south ( club 18-30 land) and Sidari in the North ( fish chips & Mc D's), but there are many other places that will probably suit you. In Kos much the same can be said for kardamena, which is the main party zone but many other places are fine.

Whether to book independently or a package really comes down to cost and how late you are willing to book. I always tend to be a late booker and found myself a deal with Olympic holidays for £220 for a week in Kos, that was in mid June. Obviously if you can find a cheap flight it may be wiser to look for local private accommodation as opposed to a tour operator.
Kos sounds good. Can you get to Kalymnos and Symi from there too?

I went to Corfu 20 years ago (Kavos before it got too 18-30) so I'll look at that option.

Thanks for your help. Just looked at Olympic and they seem to have some good deals without single supplement so I'll leave it as late as possible and see what offers they have.
Yes I am sure you can get to both from Kos.

I think Symi was available as part of a "three island tour", a one day trip by sailing boat that I saw advertised. I am quite sure that Kalymnos is not too far away and covered by excursions too.
Try the symivisitor site:

http://symivisitor.forumco.com/default.asp

This will give you all the details of trips and ferries from other islands.
I have stayed in tsilivi in zante 3 times on my own now, and find it alright there...lots of different things to do, can access the mainland etc

i'm travelling to mastichari in kos on thursday, so loooking forward to that. Not beeen before, but booked iwth manos, and didnt have to pay single supplement :D
Hyperchick, have a great time and let me know how you get on and if you recommend it.

Looks like Kos could be a good base with visits to to other islands.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.