Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi, I would recommend Koukanaries. It is a very flat resort with only a slight slope leading out of the eastern side of the resort. All of the accommodation is on flat ground, the only exception being the Skiathos Palace which is on a steep hill about a mile out of the resort itself.
The beach at Koukanaries is excellent and very safe for bathing, although it does get very crowded at peak times. Aghia Eleni is just around the headland and is another excellent beach and is worth the twenty minute walk to get there. It is a lot less crowded and still has a taverna for the all important drinks and snacks! The sunset is stunning from here too.
All of the hotels in the resort have pools and air conditioning and some of the apartments have pools too. (i would assume that nowadays all but the most basic rooms will have air con.)
As with most hotels and apartments in Greece, visitors can use their pools provided you buy a drink at their bar. We usually use the excellent pool at the Caravos hotel, even though our own hotel had it's own pool!

Hope this helps!

John :cheers
Thanks for that John. We dont go in peak season anyway so it sounds ideal for what we want. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.