Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
as far as i can recall there are no no smoking laws in cyprus although i doubt it will take the do gooders long to correct that :twisted:
Thanks, our friends will certainly be relieved.
I think it is compulsory to smoke in Cyprus - certainly seems to be :wink:
There ARE laws regarding smoking here, but no one takes any notice of them. I was at a function in the convention centre in Nicosia at the weekend. There were No Smoking signs all around the walls, but one guy in the far corner spent the whole evening in a "fog" of smoke! I'm pleased he wasn't near me!
Carol
It certainly seems to be like that Ady! We were in an electrical shop in Paralimni last week and they were all puffing away. :lol:

Still, there are laws, as Carol says, but they are not enforced!
The laws are changing slowly the Cypriots think it's there right to share there foul habits with all and sundry...now I have said this I will sit back and wait for the pro-smoking brigade to say it is there right to inflict this onto everyone else on earth..should be totally banned of course from all eating places, and the sooner the better for all.
i quit smoking on may 1st so am like a bear with a sore head at the moment but the money i spend on fags will pay for an extra holiday next year so well worth it
Well done, stick at it. I quit 8 years ago, never looked back.
thank you will keep you updated if i can stay off them for 2 weeks in cyprus i think i would have cracked it
I will sit back and wait for the pro-smoking brigade to say it is there right to inflict this onto everyone else on earth..

as a smoker i can quite honestly sat i dont inflict my habit on every one else on earth , having a non smoking partner i dont smoke in the house i dont smoke in restraunts or other places where people are eating , infact i try to avoid non smokrs when lighting up , what gets on my wick is the pompous non smokers who will purposely stand or sit near you just to complain about your smoke when a place is nearly deserted , and you know these people exist ( normally ex smokers ) :lol:
I gave up a short time before I went to Protaras last year and was smoking again when I got there.

Because everyone seems to smoke everywhere you go the temptation got to much, especially with them smoking behind the bars as well.
Good for you Martin I wish others who do smoke had the same consideration on there habits..living here as I do you cant get away from it in restaurants and tavernas, as you may know the locals eat and smoke at the same time, dreadful, by the way I have never smoked in fact I have never even tried it!!, but working all my life in a metal smelting foundry I consider myself lucky I am still able to breath at all, most of my old work mates cant say the same, they are long gone..
Hi!
Hows the weather today JIMBOX??????? :lol:
Absolutely wonderful see my web cam shots..getting warmer by the day too.. 8)
I think it is compulsory to smoke in Cyprus - certainly seems to be

......... :lol: Well my Inlaws will be pleased about that......... they are coming out with us.

Me and hubby personally dont smoke........ :wink:
its been 5 days since my last fag and feeling great so far dont worry me if other people smoke round me i was a smoker for over 30 years
think i have crack it still not had a fag not even when i was on my holiday over a month now and it was so easy
think i have crack it still not had a fag not even when i was on my holiday over a month now and it was so easy

cherished,

Well done I wish I could be as good :roll:
its been 13 weeks today feel great so pleased with myself
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.