Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Debbie,

According to BG Maps, it's around 4.057 kilometres (just over 2.5 miles) from Dragushinovo to Samokov and around 58.5 kilometres (36.4 miles) to Sofia. Lake Iskar appears to be about 10 kilometres or so from the village.

The village had 681 inhabitants in January 2007, which suggests that it may not be a hive of activity as far as nightlife is concerned, but there are reported to be a number of restaurants/bars and at least one nightclub in Samokov (around 26,400 inhabitants Jan 2007).

Baldur
Thanks Baldur, very helpful.

We thought there would not be a lot going on at night, especially where we are located, but the complex and our own group can make our own entertainment :cheers With being on the water everyday, we will probably too shattered to be nightclubbing anyway, so can relax, unwind and enjoy barbeques with the gang and maybe take a dip in the hot tub at the complex :sun2 Our holiday really is about the wakeboarding. Anything else will be a bonus.

Debbie
Samokov is within taxi-ride distance of Borovets, which although primarily a ski resort will, I'm sure be open in summer. Lost of good walking (I'm told) and the town itself is crammed with bars resturants and nightculbs.
there is another nightclub that will shortly be opened in samokov
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.