General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Re: So so wrong
33 Posts
Incidently the bar i work in is not in a hotel, and is quite a loud "party" bar in the main centre with alot of other noisy bars around...am amazed at what kids sleep through!!

I think the concern is mainly the absolute complete and utter lack of any adult supervision of the kids that are running around and climbing on railings (2 floors up)...

It just seems that some times its a case of "swear" the kids we're getting plastered we're on holiday attitude.

Anyway rant over!! ;)
I totally agree with you Pippa, however you cant tar every parent with the same brush. Our kids dont sleep a massive amount anyway even when at home like i have known other kids to. Our kids stay up til late every night on holiday and get up around 8am-9am every morning and they are fine.

I dare say every hotel in every resort has its fair share of families that do not give a toss what their kids get upto while they sit and drink every night, but to suggest that "many" parents are guilty of the above offence is wide of the mark.

Certainly whenever we have been on holiday yes there are lots of kids still up at midnight etc, but the vast majority are not "running amok" but are simply being kids and having fun on holiday.
There has to be a line drawn somewhere. IMO only, children need to be supervised up until a certain age, sor their safety and for the sake of making sure they're behaving themselves. This is not to say that I believe in putting them to bed every night to the expense of them missing out on parts of the holiday (for some kids holiday nights are the only late night perks they'll get). As Keef said in his earlier post, the holiday is for the children too.

Yes, they also need a routine on their holiday but that doesn't have to be the same routine as at home. They could have later nights to enjoy the hotel entertainment and later mornings. After all they don't need to be up early for school.

My last words are - if the children are closely supervised and obviously having fun, why spoil it by putting them to bed because it's 9pm, 10pm of whatever. On the other hand if the children are bored stiff and grumpily tired take them to bed and have a relaxing evening on the balcony.

Coming back to the title of this post - It's so so wrong - to get piss-d and let the kids do as they please. No arguement!
we all know there is two kinds of familys where ever you go, there is the ones that the mum and dad make sure there children are in save company, have respect for the people around them, play nicely with other kids, in general the kids are having fun without been naughty. then we have the "Nessbits" mum and dad drink like fish, the kids are loud, pick on the other kids, no respect for people or property ect ect....

god i hate the "Nessibits" when i go away, and we have all have met them haven't we :tup
Haven't we just! I think this thread has gone slightly of track, as I think it was the "Nesbitts" that the original poster was talking about.
Little legs and Helen T. You've hit the nail on the head.
Nesbitts, Clampitts whatever you call them, you know who i mean!!
Everyone knows a clampitt family!
well, we've all seen the chav family getting trolleyed at night ( and the day !) with chav dad holding on to the buggy for dear life and chav mum weaving about, but in my experiance, they are in the minority.
we have a 7yr old and take our lead from her as to regards what time we go home on holiday.
now, don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about 2 oclock in the morning, but on a 2 week holiday, if she has made a friend or is enjoying the night, then 1 oclock would be the latest ( only cos us party poopers as parents are whacked and have to tell her that we are going !)
most of the time, we enjoy a great meal out , a stroll and a couple of drinks, it really depends on what there is to do later on that holds her interest, after all, as another poster has said, she has a strict bedtime routine at home and holidays for her are about staying up later.
I think the main problem is the parents who are only interested in themselves and have no consideration for their children or other people. Many a time I've seen kids climbing all over the stage whilst the entertainment was taking place and the parents have just totally ignored them, despite pleas from the entertainment team trying to put on a show.
I think there's a big difference between letting kids stay up later on holidays, which seems pretty reasonable - and letting them run riot until all hours while their parents get more and more drunk, which I've seen on more than one occasion. You can find a balance between allowing your children to stay up a bit later and enjoy your holiday without letting them ruin everyone else's at the same time. A bit of parental responsibility and respect for others never goes amiss - even when you're on holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.