Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
When you come off the beach hot sweaty sticky and sit in the shack having a beer watching the sun dip lower after spending all day chilling, people watching,reading,listening to the ipod and then know once you get back to the hotel and have a shower,head out you are going to have a fanastic meal and then next day start the same experience all over again

Papa

I totally agree with the above but there's only one better experience for us and that's after such a hectic day of chilling, reading and people watching, feeling totally chilled and idol, we just watch the sun go down and even though we're hot and sticky we don't bother going back for a shower we just order another beer, eat at the shack and then take a slow amble back to the hotel, go to bed, get up and then start all over again.

I would add that we usually do go back for a shower but that's on the days we've took the time to listen to the Ipod, we find that the extra activity warrants a shower. :rofl :rofl :rofl
Hi Papa, meant to respond to this sooner but as I was reading I thought 'mmmm curry' and got diverted.
Having travelled to many destinations and enjoying all of them I was a little surprised how much I came to like Goa.This was the first time I have ever visited a place and booked to go again as soon as I got home. I am still not exactly clear in my own mind why it had this impact and I would certainly struggle to explain it to someone else. The place was just so full of contradictions, people rushing like mad to get places when on the roads and going as slow as possible when they arrive, on a quiet isolated beach one day and in the mayhem of weekend on Baga beach the next, incredibly beautiful scenery, rubbish dumped wherever, 5 star service and basic facilities. I could go on but you know all this. Maybe I will find the answer in a fortnight when I get there again?
Aren't you due out there again soon?

Dave
Dave,

Great description of the contradictions that make up Goa.

Yes we are off tomorow.The smile on my face as I finished work tonight was as wide as you could see. :) :)

Papa
Have a great time Papa and I hope your delay isnt too bad

Ive just rang up for a takeaway indian and got a couple of bottles of Tiger on the way home from work a poor subsitute for what you have in store on Sunday :sun2
Papa, have a great time. You have just raised another question, which is best, knowing you are about to go on holiday or just knowing there's no more work for a couple of weeks.

Dave
Dave,

To be honest if I was not going away I would rather stay in work.Not one for being stuck round the house.

Best feeling for me is when you have been in Goa for a few days are tuned in to your surroundings and still know you have 10 days or so to go.

Never get too upset at having to come home because I know more or less as soon as I get back I am back on the internet looking for our next trip.

Another thing is that I think I get almost as much pleasure out of planning the trip,looking at this forum especially as going itself.Bit strange me.

Papa
Enjoy your holiday - the descriptions are spot on :tup Sun, sand, relaxxation and great food. I love people watching - but not those is thongs!!! :yikes
Enjoy your holiday - the descriptions are spot on :tup Sun, sand, relaxxation and great food. I love people watching - but not those is thongs!!! :yikes
Enjoy your holiday - the descriptions are spot on Sun, sand, relaxxation and great food. I love people watching - but not those is thongs!!!

Yes,you do still get some people especially elderly european men walking along the beach in thongs.Try to picture myself in a thong.Sorry does just not bear thinking about. :( :(

Now young slim females,thats another thing.Nothing wrong with thongs there.

Papa
Have a great time Papa. I have a spare thong here, silver material :yikes (that hubby refused to wear) trouble is its a bit late to send to you now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roverdave.......you will probably never find the definitive answer, we've been going every year (sometimes twice a year) since 1999 and are still trying to work it out. Whatever it is, it must be good :tup :sun2 Fizz
Same here, we will be going in 2 weeks time for the 6th time. We've been to a lot of places in the world but something draws you back to Goa. When people ask we say "you'll either love it or hate it".
To sum it up without going through all the contradictions I just tell them that it's the only place we come back from feeling that we have had a 'holiday'. :sun2
Maxine and Alfie x
alfmac...............I totally agree with that. We are always on "Goa time" when we get home and feel really relaxed but the trouble is it doesn't last long soooooooooooooo we just have to book another Goa holiday :tup

I seem to spend every year wishing the months, weeks and days away between each holiday which to a lot of our friends makes me a very sad person............but of course, they haven't been. (some of the one's who have don't get it either........do I care.......no, not a jot) :tup :sun2 Fizz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.