Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
From being an awful British only dive....the Rio Park has truly risen from the ashes of the 90's and with its recent refurb is now a very nice hotel with a mixed clientele (from the TUI group) and worth a stay. Has that big hotel feel without being as overbearing as the Ocas/Pelicanos

Benidorm is upping its game, those 70/80s built hotel's seem to be all doing themselves up of late after a lull
We stayed in the Rio Park for 2wks in July 07 and stayed in Pelicanos for 4nights in Jan. 09. Of the two I preferred the Rio and am booked to go back there Jan 09.

Although I preferred the location of the Pelicanos and pool side was beautiful I could imagine it to be grossy overcrowded in the summer and it looked as if it may be quite shaded in lots of areas.

The Rio, whilst not nearly as scenic, always had spaces around the poolside aswell as a sunbathing terrace. I preferred the food in the Rio. Both hotel rooms were basic but I preferred the Rio, thought it was brighter. Staff very friendly too.
have stayed in "rio park" which i love but not the location i never felt safe walking back at night
now we stay in "the ambassador" just love it i whish we could move the rio park to that site
My parents in law have been going to the rio park, for years, and love it! - said the food, staff are great!

We have stayed in a number of hotels in benidorm, and have to say the only reason we have not stayed at the rio park , is for the reason the last poster said , - The location, - although probably safe if you have your whits about you, - I would feel more safe walking back to the sol pelacanos, but that would be the only reason, for not chosing the rio park!

Have a great time wherver you book!

Regards, belly!
:really stayed in Pelicanos for 4nights in Jan. 09.

Crikey Joolz where did you get your Time Machine from. ;)
Best regards, Brigger
Thanks for all your replies folks, it looks like the rio park for us next year, i have heard a few people mention the "yellow brick road" but as you say if you keep your wits about you you should be fine, from our time in benidorm before, we remember a bar called "the duty free bar " which was on the way up to the rio park, we had a few good nights in there , very reasonable as well , oh well we will get this years two holidays out of the way first and start thinking about going in september 2009 , once again thanks people . Nigel .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.