Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
we are also staying at this hotel in september i know it is quite a way from naam bay and that they have transport into naam bay daily
we are here at the moment , change your booking if i were you . :cry:
why? whats the main probs with the hotel, i was looking forward to it
you are literally in the middle of nowhere . most people are in bed by 11 cos theres nothing to do . Also would be a big help if you spoke Italian , place is full of them , and eveything is geared towards them . The all inclusive bar resembles your local working mens club , the place is the pits we got here sunday and been in it once , and its inside . The nice bar with outside terrace is not covered by the AI deal , and drinks are dear . Beer is very watered down also . Spoke to a few english that have been here a week already and they are counting down the days till they go home , one couple described it as community service with heat .
Went to Naama on the so called courtesy bus . Its a mini bus , holds 9 people and must be booked 1 or 2 days in advance , due to demand . My missus tried to book us on a flight home after 3 days , she had enough .
If you can swap for somewhere near civilisation , then do it . Good weather though :lol: 46 deg most days .
The mini bus takes 25 mins if the driver remembers the way :lol: we went and he took the wrong turning twice . Theres a scam going somewhere as well , they drop you by a certain shop whos owner greets you as you get off , and tries to drag you in to his place to rip you off even more .
is ther any form of entertainment goin on, we dont want to go out every night but a bit of music would be nice. what is the food like? is the all inc available at the beach and how far away is it, also do you know how much a taxi to naam aby would cost not sure what to do now as it would cost a bit to change as we booled this last year at a very good price.
food is the same every night just a different version of beef, chicken and fish , lots of pasta as you would expect , beach is part of the AI but only the drinks , beach is about 10 min walk away . Entertainment is abysmal , birdie song ,agadoo, and such like done in a Italian style by Egyptians .
Taxi to Namma is 14 quid english each way . We booked 4 weeks ago , we only come cos it was cheap , got ours for 630 for 2 weeks AI .
i have just read a report on anothe site which says the hotel is fantastic the food mouthwatering the beach and swimming fantastic. they say its only 2 euros on the bus to naam bay and 7 euros in a taxi as these 2 reports are completely different could any one give a better description as we dont know what to expect now and dont want to frightened off by 1 bad report
i have read a few reviws on other sites and they all sound good they say the food is nice there is plenty of entertainment going on till late at night and the free bus naam goes 3 times a day im getting realy worried now as there seems to be completely different reviws of the same hotel, also can anyone clear up the price of a taxi into naam from sharks bay please
The hotel is not in sharks bay , the brochure says it is but your about 10 mins from it , its actually in Montazah . The blue & white taxi's are negotiable but you wont get it for less than a £10 e/w . We have got a complaint in to Airtours about the poor standards of the hotel .
just returned from this hotel and it was fantastic all the bars are for all inc guests the entertainment was in english the bus to naam bay 2 euros booked the same day and a taxi £5 e/w i loved the hotel the food was a bit repetitive but there was plenty of choice the drinks were fine but again only vodka gin brandy and rum , you are not in the middle of know where you are in walking distance of the conrad and the baron resort both lovely for a nice night out go into naam bay the restaurants on the beach were fantastic, all the trips are great value dont let other peoples reviews put you off no one in our hotel had a bad word to say.
Hi, Having same problem as you. Some reports I've read are fantastic and others abysmal! We are going on 1st November, let us know what you think.
Thanks
Taylaboo
Hi all
Not been on for ages but have just booked this hotel for the 4th November for a week, looking forward to a chilled out time, read the reports and take them with a pinch of salt the gentleman 2golf4life has been on most sites giving the hotel some pain, (I take it he wasn't impressed by the sound of it).
Personally I visited Naama bay in march and its not my cup of cheer, benidorm or blackpool with the sun (probably giving Benidorm unfair stick myself now) so I won't be availing the hotel of it's transport to said town, I am sure the hotel will be fine a holiday is what you make it, I have yet to meet an egyptian hotel worker who does not go out of their way to help you enjoy your stay. So anyone there at the same time in November we would be most happy to share a cocktail or two at the bar.
Happy hols
Pete & Ann 8) :glynis
Thanks nuttynet for some positive feed back, i was starting to panic about the bad reviews. We are booked for 2 weeks in Feb 08 but was thinking of going else where, i'll just stick with it now as it was a good deal that we got.
i agree with pete not to keen on naama myself last time in sharm we only went in twice.
Thanks Egyptian Pete for positive views. Looking forward to it. Arrive 8th November off Red Sea Cruise with Thomsons. See you in the bar!!

Linda and Tony
Hi Linda & Tony
Hope the first part of your holiday goes well I am sure it will be fantastic, look forward to maybe seeing you at the Sol, so looking forward to the holiday.
Cheers
Pete & Ann

8) :glynis
Hi Pete and Anne

On countdown!! Only 14 + 1/2 sleeps left. Have to travel to Stanstead in early hours for 8 am lift off. Looking forward to it.

See you soon (I'm the short, fat, strawberry blond with spikey hair!!)

Linda and Tony
Hi Linda and Tony
Look forward to sharing a beer or cocktail or two I will be the one with the cuban cigar (hope you don't mind) and my other half is the short blone one as well, I just have to negotiate a trip to switzerland on Sunday for three days (work) and then two days back at the office, we fly 10:15am from manchester on the 4th so we will have been there a few days before you, roll on.
Happy hols
Cheers
Pete & Ann :smokin :glynis
Linda,Tony,Pete and Ann
hope you all have a great time and look forward to hearing about Sol Sharm when you get back, we still have 18 weeks to wait :bawl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.