General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
things you do
29 Posts
Erm Tony . We are a hundred times WORSE than the Germans :D
Think I've got some German blood in me also. IN charge of the towel run (as wel as everything else :roll: ). Always up really early on hols- can't bare to waste a minute.
A few things I don't do on hols - buy a paper, watch t.v, go to bed early and never mention home or what's going on there.
I totally chill and think I'm in a different world :P Only watch the clock to see if it's reached a decent hour to have the first drink of the day :oops:
For me:

Eat three meals EVERY day. Have a drink with my evening meal (never do that at home). Sit on the balcony with a glass or two of something nice (dont do that at home either). Im also a die hard beach sitter and stay on the beach even when it dares to rain snuggled under the beach umbrella (wouldnt do that here as it would get cold when it rains).

Ive been fortunate to have only stayed in one place that you needed to do the towel run. Afraid to say as well, but it was a Brits only hotel !! All England flag towels and the such. Up at the crack of dawn, leaving towels on the sunbeds and then not bothering to use them until well after lunch :evil:

Sarah :)
I RELAX
Read books
People watch
Dive down to the beach at 8am to select MY SPOT to sun bathe near the sea in Sharm. then go back to eat breakfast.
Talk to strangers, (hubby says i do that anyway :lol: )
I go around on the beach with my stomach pulled in :wink:
Speak Spanish (or whatever) well a few words anyway.

Get lost driving to out of the way places to have picnics.

Yes, have a tipple on the balcony while getting ready to go out.

And lastly, being quite quiet at home.....................I am assertive enough to move a towel from a sunbed ...............from people who have come down early and then went back to bed until early afternoon................

Im not talking about you all earlier, who like getting up early and sitting by the pool, Im talking about those who reserve beds "just in case we need it" but then decide they might diegn to come down around 2.30pm in the afternoon..................thankfully this practice is starting to be discouraged by complexes and they are removing reserved towels from beds.......
  • Edited by tootsie 2007-06-21 11:06:35
Have breakfast! and sometimes an english one at that which I never have at home.

Darren
:lol: Tony!!!

No!!! I'm down there far too early to be German!!!
:rofl

:fly Elaine
Swim every day! I'm not a brilliant swimmer but I love being in the water (sea or pool). I keep trying to keep up with it at home but changing rooms put me off - it just isn't the same as getting out of the sea/pool in the sun and just letting the sun dry you.

I also go into a bars that sell alcohol by myself! As a woman I have never plucked up courage to walk into a pub in England by myself (unless I'm meeting someone). On the continent, I'm quite happy to sit outside a bar and have a quiet drink and watch the world go by. Very liberating! :P
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.