General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I read lots of books which I never feel relaxed enough at home to do :D I also get up earlier on holiday than I do at home. Paranoid about not getting a sunbed :roll: so control freak that I am I take sole responsibility for the towel run . I can sometimes be found at 6.30am around the pool reading my book while I wait for everyone else to wake up :D

lyn
Really enjoy my breakfast
Use the local transport

And smile all the time :D
Talk to 'Sir' - well, somebody has to! :D
If holidaying in this country I have a trip to the bookie. I usually only put a quid on the Grand national! I also have a couple of drinks at lunch time. :oops:
I usually have a pre dinner drink sitting on the balcony of hotel room or in the bar.
Wouldn't normally have one at home.
Walk for miles and miles. Also have breakfast, which I don't do at home. Karen
I forgot I usually have an afternoon siesta during the second week when late nights are starting to catch up with me.
Lyn
Nice to know I'm not the only one, that's me to a T!! There are pluses though, last year I watched the sun come up over the Caribbean, while a couple about to be married went down to the beach for photos. All those who were still fast asleep missed it :!:

Pam :D
Yes pam . the early morning and late afternoon are my favourites.

Karen .thats reminded me of another . if we holiday in this country I do walk miles . but definately not on my 2 weeks strictly sunbed and book holiday). But whilst at home I walk NOWHERE :shock: .Even get in the car to walk the 2 mins to our local supermarket.
Hi

Must admit I took over the towel run on our recent holiday, but I was awake early every morning for some reason! :?

Things I do on holiday are, wear a bikini :shock: would only wear one over here if I'd already got a good tan!

Buy a newspaper, only ever have the local free papers when we're at home.

Chill out and not have to keep clock watching all the time.

Not worry about what time the kids are going to bed! :D
I too may have a pre-dinner drink, something I'd never do here. Also depending on the type of holiday we are on, I usually have some kind of "alcoholic beverage" most days - at home I only drink on a Fri/Sat night.
If we are in Europe, we always buy a paper too - never buy one at home, use internet or watch the 10 oclock news.
Have afternoon naps :lol:
Travel by bus, read books, wear a bikini :lol:
wear a bikini

Yeah I never wear one in this country :shock:

I eat breakfast when on holiday. In fact I eat at least 3 meals a day which I wouldn't ever do here.

I also allow myself to drink beer. Which I really love but it's so full of calories. I allow myself to drink lots of other drinks as well :?

And then I wonder how I can put on so much weight in such a short period of time :?
Wear a bikini.
Wear a head scarf ( stops scalp burning)
Talk to total strangers (by pool, in bars etc...........you just don't back home do you)
Read books.
Lie in till 10.30 most mornings. Lurvley. :lol: :lol:
Let the bairn stay up as long as we do.
it seems most wear bikini's on holiday :lol:

think i'll give it a miss i really dont fancy the waxing :shock:
First and foremost RELAX!

I enjoy totally switching off and not worrying about work, bills or the usual day to day strifes of every day life.
Lyn

Towel run for me too!!! I wake up about 6.30 am anyway, so go onto the balcony for a cup of coffee and then, the minute I see anyone around the pool area, I'm down like a shot. :lol:

It really is the best part of the day, so peaceful and relaxing. I read my book and then put my MP3 on and relax to the music. Have been known on occasions, to nod back off to sleep!

Plus you get to know all of the other 'Towel Runners' too! Hubby often asks who that was I've just spoken too............if he cared to wake up early enough, he'd know, wouldn't he!!! :lol:

8 weeks to go, and I'll be doing it all again!

Elaine :fly
On holiday:

I eat a 2-course breakfast and a 3-course lunch :oops:

I buy The Sun, just because...

I have sneaky afternoon drink, followed by a sneaky nap... :roll:

Go out every night

Towel run for me too!!! .... It really is the best part of the day, so peaceful and relaxing .... Plus you get to know all of the other 'Towel Runners' too

I was a towel-run regular in Turkey last year, there were so few sunbeds for the number of guests, it was an absolute neccesity, and there was only one tree near the pool and we just had to have those shady beds every day!!! And yes, we had our exclusive 6.30am club, same people, same beds every day and always plenty to talk about (including the alcoholic woman on honeymoon who would go up to the restaurant at 7am and fill her coffee cup with wine and then pretend to be enjoying her "cuppa"...)
Towel run for me too!!! I wake up about 6.30 am anyway, so go onto the balcony for a cup of coffee and then, the minute I see anyone around the pool area, I'm down like a shot.

Elaine, your not German by any chance are you :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.