Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Son Amar Show
35 Posts
Jojo :wink: I get claustrophobic feelings, honestly, I rarely eat on the flight, I need booze and Kalms, our office in work is like a death trap to me :(

I avoid lifts like the plague :shock:

my colleagues know my feelings and always leave an escape route for me :D but...

I did not feel at all claustrophobic in Son Amar, the atmosphere when we visited there, was tremendous. Everyone to their own I suppose. :wink:
thanks for the reply ,noggs @ jojo it looks like i will have to go and see for myself, is it better to go independent, or book through a rep. it seems to be stuck out in the country so could be expensive to get there and back in a taxi ,george
Its always dearer going through reps, someone on the streets will be doing it cheaper I presume. :wink:
I noticed someone mentioned Son amar in another thread and wondered if this would make a good night out? Anyone been?

Also where is it? How far from Palma nova? (santa Lucia hotel)

THANKS for any replies!!! :)
I've been about six years ago, I'm afraid I didnt enjoy it, purely because we we stuck in seats as far back as you could get and had a great big pillar infront of us!! We were also witness to a pretty nasty fight that night too, so not fond memories for me I'm afraid. Went went with our tour operator from Santa Ponsa and if I remember correctly it took maybe 45 mins to get there. If we were closer to the stage I think I would have enjoyed it - the brochure looked good!! But like I say, I didnt really get to see much. The food was good.

All in all, I would say go for it, you never know, you might get seated right at the front! Also they have a great laser/water show outside at the end.

Hope this helps.
Son Amar is well worth a visit. the show is excellent and the food is pretty acceptable too. after the show there is a musical fountain display that is simply stunning. cant say how long it will take you to get there as we travelled from cala millor but i wouldnt have thought more than half an hour. the only down side for us was our coach arrived late just as the show was starting so we had to eat in the dark !!! i also wasnt too impressed by the photographers who leapt on us as soon as we were seated but you are under no obligation to purchase pictures so it wasnt too big a deal really.
I have merged this tread with the previous Son Amar topic so that all the information is kept together

HTH
Biff
We are stopping in Playa de Palma for 3 nights at the end of the month and I have been thinking of Son Amar as a night out. I'm assuming it is pretty near and the best thing would be to book a taxi to get there.

My only fear is getting a taxi to come back. From my experience at Pirates last year taxis were like gold dust at the end of the show as obviously hundreds of people pour out at the same time.

I had a look at the Son Amar website but for some reason I couldn't get to the info about prices or how to book. I'm not really sure whether any ticket agencies will be open in Playa de Palma in February as I have been there in Novemember and March before and it is pretty quiet.

Any info or suggestions?
ok i am staying at the tobago hotel in palmanova.
very much want to go and see the son amar show.
how far is it to the sonamar from palmanova and how much would a taxi cost?
thanks in advance
Hi

We are travelling to Cala D'or on Monday for my partner's 50th then on to Alcudia to join family for the second week. I just wondered has anyone been to the Sonamar lately, how much does it cost and are the Drifters still on the bill. We will have a car but wondering if it's cheaper and easier to book a trip. I went 10 years ago and had a fabulous night, hope it is still the same.

Staying at the Marina Corfu - any comments on this hotel?

Many thanks :D
Hi, have never been there but i did some searching on the web for you. It has a website but didnt see Drifters on the bill im afraid. They had an Abba tribute band though. If you put the name of the Theater in your seach engine it is the first one on the list so you can see all the other acts on.

Enjoy your hols

Sally
Great thanks for that! :D
I was a bit disappointed with this show. I went a couple of years back with my mum. We travelled from Cala Bona and it took ages to get there - the Thompson's coach picked up all the way. By the time we got there it felt we herded into the show room and sat at the end of a table. My back was to the stage and there was absolutely no room to move. The meal was OK but but we had a problem with the free wine, every 'other' bottle of wine was corked and sealed, there was nothing to open them with and it was impossible to catch the waiters attention - luckily my mum is always 'tooled' up and managed to open ours with a mini swiss army knife:lol: .

It would have been a very good show but the seating arrangement were far too cramped and 'conveyer beltish'.
Hi cymruefc! :)

I was at the Son Amar show three weeks ago so can tell you exactly what is on!
No the Drifters are not there now, but the Show is fantastic! :D
If you look at the Son Amar website it will give you an idea of what artists are on, although that is from last years show so some are different now!
The Abba tribute band and Celtic dance are not on this year but most of the others are still there.
I thought the best one was Duban Nicol a very funny man on a trampoline, he was "Fantastico"! :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.