Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
My mind has totally gone but I am sure some Ferry Operator operates to Ostend? :que I can not think what it is though?
The ferry company is Transeuropa and their rather badly designed website is at http://www.transeuropaferries.com

The important thing to note is that they do not carry pedestrians (or cyclists).

PS. Anyone struggling to find anything to do with Ostend may have more luck by using the name Oostende in the search engine.
One option is the Eurostar, as their ticket to Brussels includes free onward travel to any station in Belgium, and the trains to Ostend leave fom the same station (Brussels Midi) as Eurostar.
Now you mention it, the original poster never mentioned ferries and you're quite right about Eurostar Brussels prices being to any station in Belgium (but not using Thalys or ICE as connections). Since the travel date is a Friday, if the Brussels trains are full there is another option of Eurostar to Lille and then Belgian Intercity to Ostend. The journey from Lille is about 1hr45 but not from the same station.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.