General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
The Air Traffic Controllers (USCA) and Spanish Airports and Air Navigation (AENA) have reached an agreement in the negotiations that were sealed this afternoon with the signing of the agreement in principle of the collective agreement.

The signing of the agreement in principle is to be made at the headquarters of AENA and then president of the public, Juan Ignacio Lema, will appear before the media to make an assessment of that agreement.

Thus, AENA and air traffic controllers have put an end to more than six months of negotiations and after the union USCA, which comprises 95% of the 2,400 drivers that AENA has on staff, to relinquish the strike in August.

Looks like it's all sorted apart from dotting the 'i's' and crossing the 't's'!!! Yayyyyy!!!!!!
Yessss! :cheers Majorca here we come! Just printed our tickets - happy! :D have a nice trip!
Hi, great news about no strikes in august, but im due to fly home for two weeks in september from Valencia Airport, if anyone hears of any further news about the strikes in September, please post the info on here. The reason for the trip is it's my mum's 50th and i will be so upset if i cant make it! :que
No strike at all! They have sorted out this mess :) Its solved! Yiha! :D
Can anyone please confirm that the Spanish air traffic strike is completerly off or just postponed for now. I am wanting to book a holiday in sept/october to Spain and have been holding back because of the uncertainty and didnt want it start again.
The USCA (union) and AENA (airport authorities) have signed an agreement agreeing to terms that they have both agreed on.

These terms must be ratified by union members within 7 days.

The Union of Air Traffic Controllers Association (USCA) and AENA put an end to the intense negotiations carried out the last three days with the signing of an agreement that guarantees minimum working arrangements for the group that breaks the application has been exceptional Aena Law 9 / 2010. For the union, this agreement dignify their relations after one hundred and eighty-nine days after being suspended except much of the collectively agreed that regulates the profession since 1999.

For the president of USCA, Camilo Cela, "This agreement brings us closer to European legislation on the subject in the English taking a clear reference. Now, what it is to keep the conversational tone of these last three days, in order to enter as soon as possible in the drafting of the Second Collective Agreement governing relations with the company in its entirety. "

"We hope that from now on have a good understanding between AENA and USCA to help the future negotiations to set a stable working conditions in which the group can work smoothly and to develop their work with complete normality for the good of the service and security, "said Camilo Cela after signing the agreement.

USCA President also wanted to thank each and every one of the union members for their efforts in all these months and confirmed that they should be cofirmed on the agreement at the next National Assembly which will be held in a maximum of seven days.
From World Bulletin - 20th August 2010

Spain's air traffic controllers agreed on Thursday to the deal their union leaders had forged with the government last week, pulling a key sector of the crisis-hit economy further back from the brink of a strike.

The initial deal has been supported by a wide majority of controllers, said a spokeswoman for their union USCA, which has threatened to take action since the government ended talks in February and pushed through changes to pay and working hours.

"We think the deal (with the government) is the minimum we would accept...not very positive at all, but 90 percent of our members accepted it, so they think we have done a good job," the spokeswoman said.

Europe's air travel industry has so far managed to avoid major disruptions and averted threats of industrial action in both Spain and England over the busy summer season, while France has faced just one day of strikes.

USCA and Spain's state-owned airports authority AENA hope to reach a definitive collective bargaining agreement on salary and conditions before the end of the year, the union said in a statement.
Hi Guys

Well I got back safe and sound last thurs, and whilst away found out the strike was posponed, although I was looking forward to a few extra free days...ah well,. good news all the same,, hope eveyone has a good time like I did.. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.