General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Aw, Karen, sure you won't mind being stuck in your second home for a wee bit longer ?? only joking, can't help with that one, but have a lovely holiday !!! :cheers
Flamin' hell.......we're due back 20 August so looks like we'll be caught up in too :(

We're flying with Easyjet...will they sort us out or will we have to fend for ourselves? Really NOT looking forward to this holiday now! :(
Apparently if your on a package holiday they can extend your stay :cheers :o) Which is brill news but Im not sure if you guys have booked flights/hotel seperate, ring easy jet and ask them... Id rather be stook juby at the hotel, and not Stuck at Malaga Rip off Airport for hours...bad enough last year when we were delayed 3 hrs, and had to spend my last 20 euros on crap food and drink...
Lets hope it gets called off, but I very much doubt it, its put a damper on my hol now, I fly 2mw at 6.40am, but Il worry about it on the return home...
We fly out on the 21st with Thomas Cook to Majorca - suppose we will be hit by the back log too!! Grrrrr!! It really annoys me - especially when you see how much they earn on average 350,000 euros!!!

We work hard all year long to enjoy one holiday abroad a year!!

Lets hope it gets called off before the 18th.

Here's a link with info regards easyjet & ryanair

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/7925471/Spanish-air-traffic-control-strikes-passenger-advice.html
Disruption to air traffic is becoming all too commonplace during the peak travel periods. However with forewarning, you can at least prepare for this by saving some money to buy food and drink at the airport or bringing an extra book ... or making a picnic beforehand.

It may seem very unfair that the holiday companies and airlines cannot make your waits more comfortable but at least if you prepare for it, you can tailor your picnics etc to your personal tastes rather than have a stale or overpriced sandwich, and try to stay positive even though you'll be with a lot of other folk in the same boat .. (not literally I hope!)
Latest update: After a 4 hour meeting AENA have offered controllers an annual salary of €200,000 until 2013. This meeting has been postponed until tomorrow, when further discussions are due to take place.

I get the feeling that I am not meant to be going on hols this year. I was originally meant to go to Turkey but that fell through thanks to Goldtrail. We rebooked another holiday to head to the Costa Del Sol on the 19th August, and now this strike threat is looming. All I need now is for that bloody volcano to start spouting hot ash again :cry
All I need now is for that bloody volcano to start spouting hot ash again

Shhhhhhhh! If it does I'm blaming you :)

Hopefully this new deal will be welcomed and all this worry will have been for nothing! From passenger info on Easyjet's website they will look after us providing refreshment vouchers and if it's an overnight delay, accomodation too so I feel a wee bit happier. Will just make sure we have left a reasonable amount of spendies for end of jollies 'just in case' as I can't imagine refreshment vouchers going far in PMI. If it does go ahead will buy a few very cheap beach towels for the kids to use as pillows or blankets and we can just leave them behind.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone! ;)
i cant believe this skrike could happen i go to ibiza on the 18th of august just my luck. i hope things get sorted so there is not strike. does anyone know what is likely to happen if the strike goes ahead though. would it mean there would be some flights delayed or cancelled. panicing i dont mind being delayed a bit as long as i get my holiday. :(
Apparently they were in talks last night till 9.30 and they were to resume today.

The union has to give 10 days notice of any strike action.

They have voted 92% to strike but have not yet confirmed any dates or the duration of the strike. However it is looking likely to be 3 days commencing on either 18th or 20th August. Confirmation of dates will be given later this week.

The Spanish government have said that if the talks break down the will bring in the military to help so the disruption will be minimal???!!

Can't find any news about the strike today and I have friends who live out in Spain and they have not heard anything today either.

Will keep you posted! :(
Just had a look at "El Mundo!" one of Spain's newspaper. The news so far is that they are close to agreement - fingers crossed eh?? :que
Please keep us updated! I am due to fly on 21st with my family - a holiday that we have planned for over a year!
Me too!! I am sooo on my holiday (very excitable) countdown. 21st August (hopefully) Majorca here we come!

Watching the news channels very intently - will keep you updated! :cheers
Negotiations are apparently going well.

The spokesman of the Union of Air Traffic Controllers Association (USCA), Daniel Zamit says he hopes to reach a deal today as some headway has been made but negotiations and meetings will continue over the weekend if necessary.

The talks started at noon and as far as I can find out they are still in those talks.

Got fingers and toes crossed!!!!! Hope the reach a deal tonight!! Want to get excited about my hols again!
Still in talks and during a break they have said that the union wished to meet with the Ministry of Public Works tomorrow at 10.00am. They have not yet agreed on all issues but hope to resolve the situation soon.
Thanks for the updates, lets hope we get some good news tomorrow as my holiday excitement is currently on hold!!
The meeting has ended today without a final agreement. Tomorrow USCA (union) and the AENA (airport authorities) will resume negotiations with the aim of reaching an agreement.

From what I can make out (bit of dodgy translation) main points have been agreed but they are still working on an agreement for working patterns/shift work??

Looks like another 24 hours of waiting folks.

Still I'd rather have 24 hours sitting here in front of a screen than 24 hours waiting in an airport for my flight :que
Just a quick update

Apparently the Ministry of Public Developments have denied a meeting will take place at 10am this morning. They said any agreements are to be made around the negotiation table not through them.

Talks are again to resume today between USCA & AENA.

Yesterday 6 out of the 12 demands were agreed upon.

So we sit and wait................... again!! :cry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.