Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
yes well i think we will stay away for the nice young man thank you very much :evil: . as for cheap beer im all for that oh yes :twisted: . i will give you it in full when we come back ( and yes i mean a review of the apartments for all you dirty little people out there) :rofl . i cant wait a week today and im off.
Maga will let Fi Fi know what the shoes are like I just adore them.

Do any of the girls out there know any good shopping places to go?
:lol:
Mabs im usually too busy getting a tan during the day, :sun or sight seeing, then busy eating and drinking :glynis on the night............. :shock: ..............after all, thats what holidays are all about. Cant say i do much shopping :wink:
thats very helpful, thank you. Cannot wait as never been to Cyprus before and heard a lot of nice things about it. 22 days to work and counting.....

Fiona
Cromwell dont mind visiting the sights get a bit bored hanging round the pool don,t mind a few hours to top tan up.
Prefer shopping, eating, drinking and more drinking. :glynis
hi mabs,
plenty of shops in nicosia, boutiques, high street shops like next, m&s, (but smaller than ours) parking was reasonable also, cant remember how much we paid but remember it was cheap compared to what you pay here in the uk. Also larnica has some nice shops. Hired a car for five days to see the sights kids and hubbys moaned when we went shopping though, (went on hol with friend and her family) told us we could only shop 1 day that was why they took us to nicosia also to see the sights but when we went to larnica we looked at the shops there also.
enjoy shopping.
theresa
Hi Theresa-a

Thanx for the info will enjoy seeing the sights and the shops will be hiring a car but dont know whether ot hire it here or when we get there :lol:
hi mabs,
we hired the car when we were in cyprus, dont know wether it would have been cheaper to have arranged it in the uk. We paid 120 CP plus fuel from champion rental car ltd for toyota corolla for 5 days.

Theresa
Hi, I keep thinking of new questions now I've found this site! Does anyone know how much I'll be having to pay to hire loungers and a brolly at the beach in Protaras? Thanks, Claire. :?
i think its about £2 for a lounger and £2 for a Brolly ??
Coral Bay Pafos cost's (last season) £2 for a lounger and 50cents for an umbrella £2.50cents or £4.50 for two, the same on many beaches at this end...not that I use them much, I hate sand.. :?
Thanks for that. I suppose its not too expensive but still all mounts up if you hire 2 loungers and a brolly for 13 days! Think of all the ice-creams I could eat for CYP58.50 worth!!
Buy a cheap brolly for about a CYP£5 and use that instead

A
hi there
going to protaras in may and staying at the elamaris apts . could anyone tell me what i should expect to be paying for a family meal 2 adults 1 child.also how much for a pint of beer in a average bar. how much also for a bottle wine (local ). i have been told that cyprus is very expensive. and want to make sure i take enough money for a two week stay
many thanks to all who reply waffers
I personally think that it is a bit more expensive to get to cyprus with your flight and accomodation, but it is cheaper to eat & drink than menorca.
Hi, we stayed at the Elamaris a couple of years ago and found it pretty good. There are quite a lot of restaurants round about, we didn't have any bad meals apart from Windmills next door The set menus can be good value for 3 courses, and the house wine is usually quite good. I should think that an evening meal for the 3 of you would be about CYP 30 if you don't go too mad. Our favourite restaurants were the Steak and Ale House and the Cordon Blue (which has just been rebuilt following a fire last October) Beer is always dearer in the hotels, but ranges from CYP 1 to about CYP 2 in the bars. There is a Mexican restaurant in Ayia Napa called Los Bandidos that is good fun for a change and a Japanese where they entertain you while they are cooking.
A bottle of house wine in a restaurant is about CYP 7, but you can get a litre carton for under CYP 1!

Marion
last year in the elamaris the beer was 1.95cyp and to be honest a bit hit and miss the bars tended to be @1.60 cyp as for food if you stick to 2 courses 10-15 cyp per person would cover you and that includes steak, you can of course pay more at the posher places but there are some cracking restaurants in pernera, if i can be of any more help please ask
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.