Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
spending money
26 Posts
I would take between £800-1000 thats based on roughly £115-142 per day. If it were me I would take a £1000 to be safe.
1000 for a week that seems a lot of money, we went to hissaornu last yr s/c for 2 weeks ate out every night did 2 boat trips and still only spent 800 i think i would cry if i spent 1000 in a week.
thanks a lot.

we went to Goa this Jan and we spent 800pounds during 2 weeks. I know Goa tends to be a bit cheaper to eat out than Turkey, but i still am planning on taking 800pounds. Better safe than sorry.
My OH thinks we will manage on 400-500pounds :que
i agree with nutty no way have i ever spent £1000 in a week and thats with a child too, im sure £500 would be ample, i dont drink but we eat out lunch and evening meals, but have breakfast in our apt , hubby drinks and it would take some doing spending £800-£1000 in a week lol
Depends what you include in the term spending money. This year we had breakfast at the airport, 4 visa, paid for aircon and safe so had spent £100 before we had unpacked.
From leaving our house in a taxi to spends at airport we spend about £500 in 2 weeks and thats a family of 4 allinclusive
The last time we didnt go allinclusive was 6 years ago.We were half board with 2 kids and still spent £900.
Also if your not all inclusive youve usually got to pay for sunbed and parasols on the beach, and the exchange rate is terrible so everything is a lot more expensive. Not only that what about money for market day ;) all those tee-shirts, tracksuits and bags ! lol money seems to go nowhere.
we always take £800,for a week,for us both.although we still take the same,even when our grandaughter,comes with us.must say though,that hubby does get,his cigarettes out of this,so could probably manage on about £700.
tracy
we got back from Icmeler end of May and only spent £850 for two people and we were self catering
We went to Icmeler B&B last October and took £100 sterling with us and drew £500 out of the ATMs.
We were there for 2 weeks and had lunch and dinner every night in some lovely restaurants.
We did go to bars on an evening that were only charging 1 - 2.5TL for an Efes.We also went on a boat trip and bought some DVDs and T Shirts.
Sunbeds are free on many parts of the beach and those who charge are only 5TL (set price)for 2 sun beds and a parasol. :sun2
last year w went s/C FOR 2 WEEKS FOR 4 and only spent about £1100 AND That included the market only 3 this year so hopefully it weill be cheaper ;)

suzie

2 weeks today :)

but no tickets yet :yikes k

tickets in thomson's just phoned

yeeha! ;)
Hi,

We are going to Kusadasi for 14 nights AI on the 30 July and, after loads of discussions and chats here we are taking £1200 for two adults and two children. As we got a good deal for the AI (even after we had to pay an extra £290 when Scottravel went bust) we will also eat out a few times. If that's not enough, though I hope it is, then its plastic in the hole in the wall. If you are like me and only get away for 2 weeks a year dont worry about a a few quid and enjoy yourself.

Regards.

Bryan
I would have though tthat was plenty being as you are AI. We are self catering end of July and i was planning on budgeting for £100 per day. If anyone can post prices of actual things like breakfast - typical evening meal - it would help.
Im with Notnic, a list of the prices of the basics would help me too.

Thanks.

PS my Son was asking what a football top costs there?
Football tops are about £6-8, Quality varies from shop to shop so it pays to shop round, dont just buy the first one you see. Lacost tracksuits are a really good buy for the younger kids,we found the best ones on market day they were only £8 for the whole suit.
These prices in lire are based on last year, so
meal per person 20
Beer 4
Local spirits 7
Vodka Sprite 8
cocktail 15
Kebab 3.5
sun bed 7.5
taxi to Hisaronu 6
Water 3.5
lunch 10
I calculate that you would spend at least 130 lire(£60) per day for the two of you (£60 x 14 = £840) on just basics! If anyone has been recently maybe you could give an update.
Someone mentioned the exchange rate being terrible, I don't believe this to be the case at the moment. Change your money there and you will get more. A friend out there now said it's approaching 2.5 to the pound which is the best it has been for a while. I would hate to be short of cash while on holiday but is there really any need for loads of shopping? I now realise that just being there is enough for me and I don't need to buy loads of stuff. Also you don't need to eat in expensive sea front restaurants every day. Just sometimes go into the back street places where you can have pides for about 4 lira. It's where Turks eat and you get a great atmosphere and great food. We self cater and eat out and find our food bill there is much the same as we spend in UK.
Hi, thanks very much to all who have replied, it has helped me a lot.

I think we will take around 1000pounds in travellers cheques and stirling for the week, but i don't intend on spending all of it :rofl .

I know eating at the beach front restaurants are nice, but we do not intend on doing this every evening. We are quite happy having food where the locals eat, then head to a few relaxing bars.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.