Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
spending money
10 Posts
Hi elliesewell, It really does depend on what you want to do while you are on holiday, if you want to do the day trips, buy gifts, go to agua mar waterpark in playa den bossa, hire a car, eat out, phone calls home, buying bottled watered, gifts, etc., then what you have now is more then enough...When we go we do all the above but we are a family of 5 and we spend just over £1,500 & that is buying cigarettes aswell...In any case if you dont spend all your euro,s save them for next year...Hope this helps...
you should be safe with what you already have, but like above if you intend to the all the trips ect.... take around £1200
Hi elliesewell,

we're a family of four and budget for €150 per day,this is spent on drinks,bits and bobs for the kids and the evening meal.

it worked last year and I hope it will work this year cos so far I've only saved £500 sterling and we go in August lol

i reckon you will be fine with what you have :D
thanks alot! i think we wil probably put 200 more into the account just incase but £1000 should be enough. thankyou for your help!!
We only take £1500 for 2 weeks and we go self catering & eat out every night. Your £1000 is plenty or what's the point in going AI if you're going to go out &about spending every night!
thats a good point helen thats what my mam and dad keep saying lol, i will take extra just incase but we arnt actually planning on spending much, just maybe the odd night in a differet place to eat and some nights out in the clubs!
We went AI to Mexico 2 years ago. We went on one trip the first week and one on the 2nd, and paid for both with a visa card. We also went into town and ate out twice. We bought a few little pressies for our 2 grandchildren, and spent only £350. We had the use of another 2 hotels so what's the point of spending elsewhere when you can get exactly the same at the hotels for nothing. Six of us are going back this year and we're all taking £500 maximum. This year I'm going to buy the kids' pressies here before I go because you can only buy rubbish that they don't really want in the holiday resorts. PS I'm not tight :lol: but I'm not daft either!!
haha good idea. i have never been all inclusive without my parents before, i have always been self catering on clubbing holidays rather than all inclusive on a holiday with my boyfriend so I was thinking a bit stupidly with money i am clueless!
It's a good idea to leave a couple of hundred in your bank account in this country for any unexpected expenses. Don't forget you'll need some money for the airport at both ends and maybe for a drink on the plane. I usually keep this money separate. This year I've been saving my £2 coins so my airport spends are sorted!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.