Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Rachypach.
We have stayed at the St Georges Hotel on two, half board, hoildays and enjoyed them both. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are spacious. The first time we visited was about six years ago and I have to say the food wasn't as good as you would expect fom a 4 star hotel. However on the second visit we made in 2003 the food was excellent. Dining in the St Georges is a very pleasant part of the evening.
The hotel is a few miles outside of Paphos town so you will need to get a bus or taxi if you aren't hiring a car. The beach at the hotel is very small but there are large areas of lawn and terrace with lots of sun beds.
Hope this is helpful.
im a travel agent and visted that hotel on a work trip a year ago.We spoke to the rep at the hotel a few times who said she had had one complaint from a lady who was unhappy with a stain on her carpet (only a very small one i may add) but other than that guests who we spoke to were having a lovely time. i think the hotel is fantastic, entertainment seemed good and we ate there once and i had no complaints at all.Unless you are extremely fussy i would book it! One thing i will say though is that the guests do tend to be older (sorry i dont know how old you are) and they did look down on us being younger (ages between 20-25) but i think that may have been just because we were in a group :D
So hope you have a great time if you book it :)
I used to rep on the island and was v impressed with this hotel. It's extremely picturesque - there's a lovely little chapel in front of the hotel, then as soon as u walk into reception you're greeted with huge windows offering a fantastic view of the sea and outdoor pool, and the small indoor pool is really cute (in the style of a cruise ship deck!).
The only downside is that it's a good way out from the centre but unfortunately this seems to be the case with most of the larger hotels in Paphos.
St george hotel Chlorakas is aprox 6Km (4Miles) north of Pafos it holds an official rating of 4 Star website

http://www.stgeorge-hotel.com.

hope this might help

brian
Hi

I stayed at the St George a few years ago and it was great- large rooms - very clean and the grounds were lovely. The only slight bad point was the food but I'm sure that would have improved by now. I got married at the church which sits at the front of the hotel so it does hold special memories for me and I am returning there in a few days time.

Hope this helps
Hi all,

We are visiting St George in 10 days time.
Can anyone give me an example of the type of foods that will be on offer for dinner in the restaurant?

Also how busy is it with guests from the neighbouring apartments using the pool andgrounds.

We have just read a bad review and are feeling worried. Any comments of relevance, detailing good or bad points of the hotel would be appreciated!

Hi, does anyone know if these are the same or different accomodation ? thanks
Hi Caits,

They are not the same hotel but they are right next door to each other.

I think that St. George Gardens are apartments but I could be wrong.

There is a lovely little man made beach in front of St. George Gardens and a nice walkway all along the sea front.

I don't know whether they belong to the same company or not.

Regards,

Viv
hi viv,

thanks for that, i think you might be allowed to use the hotel if you stay in the apatments but if anyone has stayed there and could confirm this it would be great.
Hi

here is the phone number for the St george then you can call and check 00357 26 84500

hope this helps

Cyprusev
sorry 00357 26 845000

i missed a 0 off before
yes you can use both hotels I have stayed at st george gardens last year and going again next year it is a great hotel and you can use all the facillities of the st george
dave
hi whalleycakes, thanks for that, can i just ask another couple of questions, i can book this halfboard - can you upgrade to all inclusive when there ? and what is location like ?
Hi, has anyone stayed at these apartments and upgraded to all inclusive, if so what did it cost ? thanks
hi
i dont know if you can upgrade to all inclusive when you are there, although i do know they do it, maybe if you give them a ring they will let you know they do speak very good english. The location of the hotel is about 5 miles from pathos and the same to coral bay and there are a few shops and restaurants around the area. It costs about 80 cent on the bus one way to pathos or coral bay or about 4 cyprus pounds in a taxi. If you want any more info just ask
dave
thanks for that, i am now looking at the akteon which i believe is next to the st george, i can get an all inclusive price for there but only half board for the st george.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.