Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi I stayed at this hotel in May for a couple of nights during a work trip. The hotel has just switched to being all inclusive new for this year. It is a very good hotel for famalies with lots of facilities. The food is fab with lots of choice. and with different restaurants in the hotel you wont be spoilt for choice. The hotel is out of the centre but you can get a bus or a taxi easily enough. there are a couple of shops and bars across the road to the hotel if you did want to venture out. Also there is an english animation team taht organise activities and pool games through out the day. A very good hotel with lots of facilities.
Due to visit this hotel on 18th Oct 2006 received letter from tour operator informing of building work next door. Can any recent guests at this hotel let us know if this causes any great inconvenience. Also is there much daytime and evening entertainment for family with teenage daughter.
The hotel grounds are quite extensive, so I don't think that building work will be too much of a problem. The hotel is quite isolated, a long way from the town and the main tourist area. There are a couple of shops and restaurants across the road so you would need to hire a car or use taxis to see anything of Limassol. I don't think there is much in the way of entertainment in the hotel.
I haven't stayed at the St Raphael, but visited the hotel several times when friends were there.
We are due to stay at this hotel Oct 2006. Since booking we have heard there is building work next to the hotel. Can any recent guests to St Raphael reassure us this causes no inconvenience to their stay.Also is there much in the way of daytime/evening entertainment at the hotel for teenagers.
Thanks everyone
Jacandjon,
We were staying down the road from this hotel and went walking down by the beach, the only building work is across the road behind some other apartments. They certainly wont interfere with your holiday in anyway. The beach was lovely by the way, with good gardens and plenty of activities going on. I didnt go into the hotel though so could you please let me know how you get on.
We stayed at the Hawaii Grand on the same strip of road.

Neil
Hi

I have tried to contact the St raphael hotel in limassol twice this week by email with a couple of queries but they have yet to get back to me...

The email i have used is the one from their website but no reply yet. Does anyone know a alternative one that works? Don't really want to phone them unless i have to!
it may be they are closed for the winter or re-furb.....
Tel No is 00 357 25634100 The hotel is open, I was there the other day so this should work!

Carol
Thanks carol :D

If i've no reply by monday to my emails i will try this number and see if i can get hold of someone to answer my queries!!
I have added this hotel to our review section HERE

If anyone has stayed here, please add your review to help others. ;)
As Carol says, the hotel is open so you should hear. The telephone number I found is slightly different than the one above, so you might get through on one of them :) 00 357 25636100

HTH

Kath x
I was at the St. Raphael a couple of weeks ago for a conference - and I'm back there again on 18th March.

I can't comment on the romms or facilities, but it is open for business.

Cheers,

Nigel (aka EPHMH)
01/03/2007 - 01/06/2007: Please note that next to the hotel (aprox 30m) they are construction new houses this Spring. This can cause noise since they are using heavy machinery. The builders are working from Monday to Friday. Some rooms can see the building work.

just found this on a travel agents website and now im worried :( how bad is the work and noise???
and does anyone have any idea which rooms are affected???

please help - seriously thinking about changing our booking because of this!!!!
I'm a rep in Limassol and recently did a building work report for St Raphael.

There are two new housing developments, one either side of the hotel. Neither are likely to cause too much bother during your stay but unless you have a sea view room you are going to overlook one site or the other. Both are just at the foundations stage and the bigger of the two will not be completed for at least 2 years.

Loubychew
Thanks for that loubychew

We do have sea view rooms so we should be ok, its going to cost too much to change hotels now so will just stick with what we have!!

Thanks again
No problem.

Have a lovely time!
Just tried to phone the hotel - after having no reply to the 4 emails i have sent - got left on hold for 5 mins :evil: before i gave up and hung up.

Going to try and send a fax now from hubby's work fax - if that doesnt work i dont know how else to get hold of them

starting to get abit annoyed now at the lack of response :x !!!
The numbers I have for St Raph are:

Tel 00357 25634100, Fax 00357 25636394

Loubychew
Hi again :wave

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who provided phone numbers and to loubychew for reassuring us about the building work.

We had a fantastic time here (see my review on reviews page!) and are so glad we chose this hotel and didnt change it - the building work was not a problem at all.

If anyone has any questions - ask away!!! and if i can answer them i will!!! :wink:

Now just need to talk hubby into going back again asap :lol:
Could anyone tell me if beach towels are provided at this hotel or if you have to take your own. Many thanks :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.