Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
My sister is staying here at the same time that we are in Paphos. Would be most grateful if any one could give us directions on how to get there from the motorway that goes from Paphos to Larnaca via Limassol.
Many thanks.
:)
Well the motorway is easy enough as you probably know.

Hopefully one of our members will be able to give you the exact exit. Be warned that there are roadworks at the Limassol roundabout junctions, as they are building a fly-over, to avoid rush hours.

Kath HT Admin
HI, I'm looking at booking a holiday to the Atlantica Bay in September. Can anyone who has been there lately give any reports and also if it is cheaper to book all inclusive in the UK or to upgrade when I get to the hotel. cheers

Mickey
Hi Mickey,

I believe the Atlantica Bay Hotel is exclusive to Thomson Holidays in UK - are you booking with them, or direct with the hotel? A package with Thomson will usually work out to be the best deal, but I always find it worthwhile to check out the rates directly from the hotel, and get my own flights? If you book directly with the hotel, you can choose from B&B, Half Board or All Inclusive, and if you want rates, send an email to panastasiou@atlanticahotel.com and request the rates for September.

If you book with Thomson, you have to take a minimum of Half Board. To upgrade in resort, there are 2 packages available - 1) Beverages package, which is drinks only, and includes all local drinks - 2) All Inclusive package, which includes lunch, snacks and all local drinks. You are able to obtain drinks and snacks during the times that the bars are open, which is usually from 9am until midnight! You can upgrade on the spot at the reception. This doesn't have to be done straight away on your arrival at the hotel, so you can see how the first couple of days go if you like, and see if you want to upgrade? From the time you start the upgrade, you must continue on the same basis until the end of your holiday. Prices at the moment are as follows. CY£ 8.50 per person per day for the Beverage package, and CY£ 13.50 per person per day for the All Inclusive package. These prices could change before September - they don't usually fix the prices until the month before, but from experience they don't usually change much - maybe up by CY£1 or CY£ 2 pounds. Again, you can email the hotel a month before you depart, and they will tell you the exact rates.
Hope this helps you to weigh up which is the best deal?
Evelyn.
Hi the following link will take you directly to the Atlantica Hotels group web page for the Atlantica Bay

http://www.atlanticahotels.com/hotels/ATL_BAY/index.asp?lg=en

Hope this Helps

brian
Hi Mickey,

Been a couple of years since we stayed there, but we use it as a benchmark now - terrific hotel, with some superb service & top food.

I especially appreciated the waiters at the "beach club" delivering cocktails direct to your sunlounger on the shady grass lawn.

Only downside - it seems a wee bit over-priced now. Certainly enough to put us off for now.
Thanks for the advice
I have emailed the hotel and it does seem cheaper to book a package through thomsons, as there are very few cheap flights to cyprus,
The hotel also could not give me the exact prices for upgrades as it changes each month , but if I enquired nearer the date they could give me a figure, but the amuont mentioned in a previous reply seems better than the thomsons £16 PPPD

Mickey
Hi Mickey,

Don't forget Thomson will be quoting prices in sterling, so the £16 per day is almost the same as the hotel are quoting at the moment for the upgrade in Cyprus pounds ( and the hotel say it could go up)

Sounds like it is better to book the whole thing with Thomson, unless you are not absolutely sure you want All Inclusive, and want to wait and try it when you get here?

Friends coming over this year tell me that flight onlys are more reasonable this year?? I nearly always fly with Helios Airways - http://www.helios-airways.com

Evelyn.
:( Just returned from a week at tha Atlantica hotel with thomson holidays after one day i wanted to come home you can go BB HALF BOARD OR ALL INC but if you are staying there i reccomend you eat out hygene standards are low flys on salad even saw one of the local cats on the table sucking on a tomatoe sauce bottle the hotel is full of screaming kids with noisy disco till midnight we supposed to be all inc
but did'nt eat the food it was just slop the rep was no help thomson say they have a 24 hour no worries rep for any problems i think thats a joke they never came out for us when the staff at the hotel find out you are all inc their service standards towards you drop if the restaraunt is open then you can't use the snack bar if you are all inc only between 3 and 6 the they advertise you can have snacks after the restaraunt closes at 10 till 11 but that is not the case & drinks only till midnight then you pay extra
i am just about to write my letter of complaint my advice is stay away at all costs
That is a shame if that hotel has gone down hill because we went there and it was the best hotel food we had ever tasted. I realise that this was a while ago now, but we had a great all round holiday. Yes cats were everywhere and punctured the lilos often but most didnt bother you. I never saw flies in the restaurant area as it was too cold for them with the air conditioning on. Children did have their own menu separate to the adults to keep them happy. It is over wrought with kids, or it was when we went, but it was nice to see them enjoying themselves with their families.

Here are some of the other members of holidaytruths reports that have been to this hotel...

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/cyprus/limassol/atlantica-oasis-hotel/

Remember though that the Hotel is twinned with the Royal Apartments, they join the other side of the hotel and share facilities.

When you arrive, the hotel is up a side street of a dusty old track with a pub etc and supermarket across the road, it does look a bit of a dump when arriving but believe me, it is a quiet location away from the main Limassol drag.

Reguarding A/I, i would see if you like the food first before you upgrade, sometimes you can pay more than actually going out for a meal. It will be cheaper to upgrade in resort than go through Thomson.

Enjoy your holiday :wink:
Michelle.
Hi Janet,

Next year could be different prices, but I have the upgrade prices for this year somewhere, as I posted them in answer to someone else's query on this. I will look them out for you, and let you know.

I agree with Derwentrocker - we have always found it cheaper to upgrade here in resort rather than through the tour operator. My parents and friends often stay there when they come to visit me in Limassol.

Rather surprised at the bad review that someone has put here about the hotel. Yes, it is full of noisy kids, but it is very much advertised as a family hotel. The food I personally find to be good, and lots of choice - when my mum and dad stay there I often go and join them for dinner.........and I live here in Limassol - I wouldn't do that if the food was no good!

Regards the duty free at Larnaca airport - it is still open, as remember all flights out of Larnaca are not only going to EU countries. However, from my experience prices there seem to be similar to prices you can get in all the resort shops now - not such a good deal as they used to be.

Hope this helps for now - I will dig out those upgrade prices for you!
Evelyn.

Hi itus 7,

I made a map for a previous wedding party I had at Atlantica Hotel, as they had relations coming up from Paphos, and they didn't want them to miss the wedding! If you can pm me with your email address, I will happily send it to you.
Evelyn.
Hi there

I would just like to back Derwentrocker to say that we had a family holiday there 2-3 years ago and we enjoyed it so much, we have thought of going back there. The only problem we had was location (no golden sandy beach) :cry: The hotel had a fantastic entertainment programme, both day and night, the staff were wonderful and the pool was lovely. The hotel even has a cinema downstairs if the weather gets a bit unbearable.

We went half board and found we had more than enough food and we genuinely loved it!!!! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/arrogant.gif We certainly had NO problems with flies or cats and the variety of food themes was great (as well as a separate kids buffet!).

Yes there was a lot of kids around (and perhaps noisy) but they were entertained by the hotel AND the reps club - it is a family complex!

I am really sorry you didn't enjoy yourself Barty, either peoples expectations are different, or the food has really gone downhill http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/sad.gif - If the food is an issue, don't be put off - the hotel if great!

Smiles :D
I am so shocked at the bad review of this hotel. I am in the hotel business and we have just arrived home from this hotel 2 weeks ago!
If anyone can be picky I can!
The food was of a great choice there was something for all tastes if you wanted the speciality cooking, carvery (if you wanted roast leg of lamb, beef or gammon),for those who wanted salads there were all kinds hot desserts fresh fruit salads and a selection of cheeses every evening.Fot the children they had there own selection of hamburgers chips fresh juices etc.
In my eyes for a 3 star hotel they were above what I expected to what a lot of 3 star hotels offer,(not many give as good a choice as the Atlantica) and i have never seen a head chef abroad come out most evenings ask the guests what they thought of the meals!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Yes there are children at the hotel it is a family hotel in my opinion if you didnt want screaming kids next time dont book a hotel that is advertised as a family hotel!

I thought that the hotel was fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! :P
Here-here Romaw !!!!!!!! http://smilies.sofrayt.com/fsc/thumbs-up.gif

Smiles :D
Hi,

I found my earlier post about the costs of upgrading at Atlantica Hotel. These costs are for this year, so probably will be more next year - at least will give you an idea, though.

I have never posted a link before, so don't know if this is right? :? Anyway, this is the page you need to look at my reply.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=21698&highlight=atlantica+upgrade

Hope you can find it from this?
All the best,
Evelyn.
hi all I am absolutley gob smacked by the poor review the Atlantica wwas given we have just spent 2 weeks there all incusive The FOOD was fantastic (i didnt see any flys) there was something for every one there was 28 in my party and they all loved it. yes there was kids there but thats not a problem there ..is a quiet pool over the road in atlantica gardens if you want it quieter. i would go back tomoro.The price to upgrade is18 pound adults and 11 pounds children well worth it if you ask me.xxshirl
I dont know what hotel you stayed at Barty, but it couldnt of been the Atlantica!

I've just returned from a week AI there with my girlfriend and I have to say the hotel was fantastic.
The main pool area was brilliant, fair enough there are kids there, but that wasnt a problem. The food was beautiful with a good variety of choice. The bar areas are excellent with air conditioning in the main one.

As for the staff, all I can say is that they were tripping over themselves to help you. They are really friendly and welcoming and go out of their way to do stuff for you. The big chef fella and the restaurant manager were really nice, they often came up to us to ask if the food was ok and that if we had any probs to go and tell them. The waiter called Panos is a top guy aswell.

As we went AI, we half expected to be treated a little worse than paying customers (as happened in Spain last year), but we have to say that we cant fault the place at all.
Just wondered if anyone has stayed at the Thomson Gold Atlantica Bay in Limmasol. We have just booked it for two weeks Aug/Sep this year. I have checked out the hotel reviews but the last one is for March nothing more recent. Is the entertainment any good? What are the drinks like on all inclusive and the food come to that? Is it a dawn raid in the morning for the sunbeds only I like a lie in? Is the beach anygood? Also any other info would be appreciated.
You might want to look at the 'holidays uncovered' website. There are a few more recent reviews. At the moment I am weighing up this hotel and the Tasia Maris, both Golds.

The downside of the Atlantica appears to be the location but I have been to other Gold hotels which are out of the way so I am not too worried.

Decent pool with plenty of room around it, good food and clean room with air conditioning will do me rather than outside nightlife.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.