Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
We are going to this hotel in less than 4 weeks but cannot find any recent reviews. As its a thomson gold we are starting to wonder if a lot of other nationalities go there rather than british. Has anyone got any recent info. Like what is the food and drink like, the pool, the staff, the area
Many thanks in advance :wink:
I know there are a couple of recent ones on 'holidays uncovered'.

As Atlantica Bay is part of the same group as Atlantica Golden Beach in Paphos (another Gold) and Atlantica Hotel in Limassol you should read their reviews as well. Having been to several Golds I have never been disappointed as regards the food and accommodation. The pool looks reasonably spacious - in the pictures.
I am thinking about going here on honeymoon next April. It would be nice to hear some recent reports on this hotel, as the ones on this site do vary.

Thank you
Fiona
Hi Fiona

We stayed at this hotel September 05 and had a fantastic time. The staff are brilliant they really look after you and there are all friendly from the pool guys to the waiters to the manager. If you like lounging round the pool the waiters will come to you and take your drinks orders you dont even have to move to go to the bar. The same applies in the dining room they find a table for you then take your drinks order then when you get back with your food your drinks are waiting.

The rooms are huge.

The pool and sunbed area is very spacious when we were there nobody seemed to be rushing to get sunbeds so there was always lots available if you want a lie in.

The food was of a high standard plenty of choice geared more towards british tastes; there was a cavery every night but they also had two greek dishes every night which were delicious.

We sampled all the drinks and liked the bottles of wine and the cocktails best. But I believe the prices are quite expensive but as we were AI not sure exactly.

Entertainment was brilliant with John and Jo being the hosts when we were there best we have ever experienced.

Beach across the road not great but there was a nice grassed area just in front of it with sunbeds and a bar which belonged to the hotel and there was a nice prom along the sea to have a nice stroll.

Hope this helps if you have anymore questions let me know

Dawn :)
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Many Thanks.

Pippy :D
Dawn

Thanks very much for your reply. Its nice to hear from someone who has been there recently. I did not think there was much to fault with this place, it looks and sounds amazing. Just what we are looking for!

Thanks again
Fiona
Anyone been here recently as I would like recent opinions, mixed reviews on hotel pages.
If you mean the 'Atlantica Bay' hotel, my wife & I stayed there several times before we moved to Cyprus permanently (it used to be called the Limonia Bay before it was bought and extended). And the head barman, Valatinos, lives a couple of hundred yards from us in Erimi.

The hotel is fine and has it's own private gardens leading down onto the beach.

It is in Amathus, about 8km east of Limassol town and it's relatively quiet (which my wife & I liked)

A couple of things that may put you off. Firstly, there is not much in the way of restaurants and bars in the area - as I said it's fairly quiet. If you want more in the way of tourist facilities and attractions, you'll need to go to Potamus Germasogia , which is about 5 or 6 km west towards Limassol. The other thing is that Cybarco are building a tourist complex to the east of the hotel - so it would be better if you could get a room in the west wing of the hotel (builders usually start around 7:30 am).

Regards, Nigel
It's correct title is Hotel Atlantica and Garden Apts so I don't think it's the one you mentioned as it is more or less central in Limassol, but thanks anyway.
Cazz.
Hiya :D I am going to the Hotel Atlantica next Sunday with my other half, He has been before but i havent so i have been looking for reviews and reading through them and then i think, god what if i don't like it but i am going to go with an open mind and hopefully as i have been told by my other half as he has been before to not worry as it is worth every penny.. Are you looking at going here or booked ? As i can always get back to you when i have been ?

9 Days to go :sun
I've just booked it 5 mins ago after an email from a guy I worked with who used to live over there and he recommended Limasol and said this hotel was okay but can you give me your opinion when you get back please.
Have a good holiday,
Cazz.
Hi, Yeah of course i will , Where away for a fortnight so will get back to you 2nd week in July , Thanks Caz :D
Hi Cazza,
Could you also do me a favour whilst you are over there.
My son loves trampolines and every holiday we have been on the last five years have had them somewhere in the resort. Could you look out for some near the hotel please, but don't go out your way. It would be really appreciated.
Thanks.
Cazz Mick n Tom
Hiya Cazz, No of course i will look out for you :D , if i find one then i may give it a go too..ha,ha.. Burn off that keo.. 6 more days! :sun
Hiya, Had a fantastic time i did look for trampolines and i could not see any, even when we went to the beach there isnt none. But when you come out of the hotel go right to the bottom of the road turn left you walk along the road you will see a fair so perhaps they may be one there. Enjoy x
Thanks for that Cazza,
What was the hotel like. Could you leave a review for me please.
Thanks,
Cazz.
I have left a review check that, but hotel is lovely. We are picky eaters but sometimes ate in and then went across to the nags head. Get up before 8am to get a sunbed or you will be struggling just after 9am. There is stuff for the kids to do. Did not see the entertainment at night as we had the football on, but if you want a quiet drink you can go across to the gardens, you may get a few cats around but they are harmless. There is a indoor pool and a jacuzzi if it gets too hot, it is hotting up now i even had to buy a very high factor which i have never done before. The rooms are ok just the basic. The lift is a tight squeeze. I am sure you will enjoy it, dont be put off either cause the hotel is on a side street but it is very big. I am sure you will have a great time i just wish my other half was back from there as he has had to stop over there as he got a ear infection day before we had to fly home! Take Care Caz
As we are going in May, I hope the sunbed situation won't be too bad.
Sorry to here about your hubbies ear infection. My son and hubby both got one at the same time this year but it was in the middle of the holiday so had cleared up before we came home.
I would of wangled it so I could have stayed as well. Never mind, hope you are reunited soon and thanks for the info, I've read the review.
Oh, one last thing, is the beach really as bad as people make out!
Hi, You need to walk near the four seasons hotel to get to sample the best part of the beach or walk further along and there is clear blue water i am sure you will have an enjoyable time either way :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.