Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Stella Show
11 Posts
http://www.stellashow.co.uk/index.html

This is the link to the Stella website.

Gene
thanks for that brilliant cant wait also looks like its ok to take my son who is 10 was worried but not anymore thanks guys just been looking at all your things about the old village on the virtual tourist redrhino was well impressed great photos thanks John will be a deffo night out thanks
To be honest - I wouldnt take a 10 year old - we went for the first time last year and I am definitely no prude - but even I was cringing - there was Fing and Blinding all way through - although we only saw the second half because there was a power cut - and really thought it was tacky, my kids hated it!. Just my opinion. My children are 12 and 14.
Its a great show.If your in Icmeler its a defo for all the family although there can be a few things maybe not for kids.But what do kids not know in this day and age???Your 10 year old will like it and find it funny.Michael is great,looks fab in some of the costumes.He used to work in Funny Girls in Blackpool before he started up in Icmeler,hes a friend of a friends who i met when i lived there. :D I'll be going to see him in may.looking forward :P
I wouldn't find it a problem about taking a 10 year old to the Stella Show, I feel that it depends on how you have brought your child to understand that they don't have to say or be offended by all things in life. My son has acted on certain films and tv programmes which have had worse language and he has beendoing this since he is 8 he is now 13 and is very polite and never swears in front on any grown ups, no doubt he swears when he is with his mates but i am under no illusion that they all do that. He has seen the Stella Show on 4 occasions and finds it extremely funny.
Im not disputing that fact that the show is funny, for an adult audience. My children who absolutely love Peter Kay and many others, just didnt enjoy being sat listening to him swearing every other word. As I said - to an adult audience yes, but is it really necessary for families?

My daughter watches football regularly and is exposed all the time to bad language and would never repeat it herself.

I know we didnt actually get to see all the Stella Show because of a power cut and only saw the second half, but I was highly disappointed after reading such good reports. Its my opinion and obviously lots of people love the show - would be a strange world if we all liked the same things.

I have also seen Funny Girls in Blackpool - and being an "Adult" audience - its was the funniest thing I ever saw - so I am not trying to be a kill joy, just dont think its for Children.
i have to agree with you tracymichelle on this one,i personally woudn't take my 13 year old daughter to watch a show of this content,but would love to see it with my partner,maybe i'm just not up with the times,but i want my child to be a child,far to many seem to be adults these days long before they should be,spose i'm living in the past eh, :shrug
You know, its right - we should keep our children as children for as long as possible, although my 14 year old thinks she is 24!! - god I can hear my mum talking! how sad is that :shock: I just think verbal abuse of the audience isnt pleasant viewing for children.
Would like to point out that my son is a very young for his age but as said earlier has been in many productions and knows the right from wrong
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.