General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
My heart plummeted when I read your post. He has his family around him now. Very sad.
The lad was a true inspiration, he has raised such a lot for charity and no doubt this will increase further now and with his positive attitude he must have given so much hope and encouragement to others who are facing similar problems.

RIP Stephen
when I am at work I forget there is an outside world so only read the news when I was waiting for a staff meeting to begin. I actually shed tears for him, and I don't even know him. Mothers should never have to write the update that Stephen's mum had to do. I read that 60 000 people posted on her sad fb news within an hour. I hope this really helps Stephen's family, knowing how he touched so many people. And of course he will help so many young folk in the future.
Some people just make me sick. :evil: I thought it was bad enough reading the posts on the social media sites made by people who were wanting their money back, because they felt they had been duped when Stephen went home for a few days.

Tonight I've read - someone called Hannah had posted a link on FB, supposedly to donate to Stephen's just giving cause.
The link went to Hannah's personal paypal account - which has now been frozen/closed and the post has been removed by FB .

How :swear low can some people crawl ? - Do these people have no shame?

Sanji x
It must have taken so much strength for the family to keep smiling. That's what he wanted but it must have been so difficult to do.
Stephen been appointed an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours, apparently the Cabinet Office had written to Stephen shortly before he died to ask if he would accept an MBE.

Nice to know that was aware of this recognition before he died, the lad is one of those few people that truly deserve to be awarded an honour by the queen.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.