General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Makes one wonder what we have to complain about when we see courage like this young man has shown. If there is anyone out there who hasn't donated, I do hope that they will consider doing so. I'd so love for him to get the 3 million before he has to leave us. !
So do I and keeping my fingers crossed for him. xx
Me neither Fiona, he is certainly an inspiration, his family must be so proud.
what an inspirational young man Stephen is.
heres a link to Stephens fundraising page https://www.justgiving.com/stephen-sutton-tct
anyone wanting to donate can also text STEPHEN to 70500 for just £5
Raised: 280%

£2,805,563.76

Come on folks, let's help him to get the 3 million before he leaves us. xxxxxxxx
Surely, we can do it --- wonder if Simon Cowell has sent in his promised 'generous' donation yet?
https://www.facebook.com/StephensStory?fref=nf
Oh my goodness. I can't believe his latest update. He coughed up a tumour yesterday! Breathing is better now. Do we dare hope?
Fiona wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/StephensStory?fref=nf
Oh my goodness. I can't believe his latest update. He coughed up a tumour yesterday! Breathing is better now. Do we dare hope?

Sadly, I think it will take a miracle Fiona, but as the Spanish say......
La esperanza es lo último que se pierde ( Hope is the last to die)

When you read about all the evil things that are happening in this country and around the world, I sit here and think "what a world we live in now. There seems to be a lack of all positive attributes, like empathy, kindness, civility, responsibility and ethical behaviour. There are days when I think we're beginning to lose our humanity." And then comes along a young man like Stephen, who before he was diagnosed with cancer, he had set his life out to help others by becoming a doctor.

When people faun over the celebrities and those by accident of birth, someone like Stephen should remind us all, that his attitude to life is an example to follow and not the shallow capitalistic ideas of the me, me, me, culture.

He is truly an inspirational young man, he has reminded us all that life is precious, and it's not guaranteed to be a good life or a long life,
If there is such thing as a God, I could never believe he would want to leave the evil ones and take someone so young, and with a life in front of him to do so much good for mankind.
I hope his journey will be a pain free and peaceful one.

Sanji x
I agree with every word Sanji and try to respect everyone's beliefs whilst believing in no God.. Stephen and his ilk show everyone with a heart, just what is to be valued in this fragile life of ours. I for one feel very humble to have 'known' him.
WONDERFUL - so I'k soft, but tears are running down my face. xxxxxxxxxx
Isn't the latest news on his facebook page brilliant? He has had his operation and his breathing is easier for now. He deserves all the extra time that he can get.
The most amazing news- Stephen is now home :hyper
Who would have thought this day would come for him. He is treating each day as a gift. Someone on high wasn't ready for him yet. He is doing too much good where he is.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.