Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi Sliema2 :wave

Belleair, the tour operator is actually part of the Air Malta group of companies, so she probably just made a mistake.
She may have been working in a different dept that particular day and answered the phone as she would normaly.

Graham 8)
Hi Graham,

Thanks for that info. During August 1983 we had a fortnight self catering in an apartment in Kappara Court. Pretty basic in those days and during the really hot Summer there was no air conditioning and only one single fan for the four of us :shock: that were staying in the 3 bedroom apartment. Yes that was the real Malta that I really grew to love and I can tell you I'm glad I went there in those days but please don't get me wrong I still enjoy going to these magic Islands. :D

Well we went with one of the few companies that did regular holidays to Malta in the early eighties- Belleair and guess what the apartment had loads of Air Malta posters on the walls in every room. :hmmm Now I know why!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trev
Hi Trev

There were not very many companies going to Malta Back then, our first trip to Malta was in the late eighties and we travelled with a company called Aqua Sun, we stayed in apartments called Tweety, in St Pauls Bay, just above Connies fish shop, I still remember the smell :lol:

Connies is still going in Mosta Rd, St Pauls Bay - Triq Il- Mosta. San Pawl Il-Bahar and we still go and visit Connie when we are back in Malta :wave

There have been a lot of changes since then and like you we are glad we went back then, and yes we will always love going to the islands as well.

Graham
in 1974 i was stationed in cyprus wit the royal air force, when i was posted back to the u.k. i decided to take two weeks leave in malta on my way back. when that was finished i got a flight with a r.a.f. vc-10, it's passengers were a crew from a royal navy ship. they all turned up drunk for some reason. the captain wouldn't fly them and he ordered them off, i flew back to the u.k. all on my own in first class. what service i had and as much food as i could eat. my best flight from malta ever

alan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.