Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We went to Marmaris on 19th Oct last year and the weather was fab, we were able to sunbathe most of the day although the pools etc were a bit chilly for swimming in. It did get a bit cooler at night, though the daytime temperatures were averaging 80-85 degrees. :cheers
We went to Belek first week in Nov and it was lovely during the day but very cold at night and the outdoor pool was closed.
ninkynonk we are going to the club letoonia on the 15th october, like you im worried about the weather but i thought it has got to be better than here so booked. Portland have a very good price for the 19th october to the belcekiz beach for £399.00, we have just come back from there and loved it.
And the sea will be at its warmest, having had the entire summer to warm up. Who needs a hotel pool?
Thanks very much guys, you have made me feel much more relaxed about it. Can't wait now!
Not been in October but been in May and late September. I'd say its a bit pot luck. You can get a couple of days rain around these months but when the sun does come out its still VERY HOT. The evenings can be cold so take lots of cover ups, even just a couple of long sleeved tops would be more use than dozens of sleeveless tops.

In Olu Deniz some outside bars lite open fires to keep you cosy. In The letoonia at Belek they had an open fire in one bar. It does make it nice and cosy.

I don't think it ever rains for more than a couple of days though!
It rained for our whole week in Olu October 2007. Sorry but forwarned is forarmed. Supposed to be unusual though, just our rotten luck I guess! :que
Thanks :cry it was Oct 2007 that we were in Rhodes and it rained a lot, so it may have been that region that had unusual weather (here's hoping). I am desperate to get away so will definitely be chancing it!
We were in Bodrum in October 2007 and we just had one night of rain, it must have just been that area then. I have spent quite a few Octobers in Bodrum and it was always been very nice weather. The Antalya region is always a bit warmer than Bodrum too.
Yes, I think we were extremely unlucky. Those rain clouds didn't budge for the entire week. That's not to say we didn't enjoy our holiday though and to be honest I would take the risk going in October again. :wave:
We were in Dalyan till mid Nov last year and it was beautiful, went chilly at night so need a cardi, hot enough to sit in the sun and enjoy. :sun2
I booked last week to go back mid October,as many Turkish people we had been speaking to assured us the weather was still really nice during the day and a bit cooler (and more comfortable) in the evening than when we were there last month. Fingers crossed for lovely weather.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.