Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Very expensive compared to here ,dont take a chance on cheap sun block in turkey it may be fake.

Bluepeterno1
Why not buy your sun lotions after check-in in the departure lounge duty free shops, then there will be no problem with weight. There is normally a Boots in most airports. You dont say where you are flying from.
you don't say how many are travelling but i took out suncreme for 14 days and put it through all our luggage i even came back with 2 bottles and we were ok with weight

suzie :)
Hi
We normally buy our sun lotions from Aldi, they are good quality and reasonably priced.
I think they start off at factor 8 right up to 35 and they also do a cooling after-sun gel which is really good if you get a touch of sunburn, called Ombra £2.99 for a 250ml bottle. My wife and daughters also use Avon skin so soft dry oil spray to combat mozzies.
Drew
We ran out while we were in Marmaris recently. I bought some Nivea stuff from the little supermarket near us and it cost 20YTL.
I'd buy before going. It was Bitez not Marmaris that we stayed but assume its the same local lotions that are sold throughout Turkey. I'd taken plenty with me but needed higher factors than I'd bought here. Bought a few of the local lotions, not very cheap, not very good! Tried a couple of makes and some went really funny when you put it on, really gritty :yikes Tescos have nearly all good quality protection at half price at the moment!
Buy it at Boots in the airport - I do!(But then I do get discount :rofl ) at the moment it is BOGOF!
Take it with you. Even when I lived in turkey I would take it with me or get someone to bring some over for me. It is very expensive to get a decent make.
Yer take it with you. If theres a savers where you live pizz buins is £3.99 for 400ml bottle.
i bought mypis buin on e-bay and got bargains some of them were 2 for £15

suzie :)
Care must be taken when buying sun block .Ebay has recently been find £30million for allowing fake merchandise to be sold on their site .

Bluepeterno1
i must admit the piz buin i bought from e-bay was the proper stuff

suzie
Good for you suzie ,got caught out myself a while back with some after shave ,had cats chasing me for a week . :yikes

Bluepeterno1
If you are worried about weight buy your lotions airside once you have gone through check in. The Boots at Gatwick had all the same BOGOF's as the High Street.

The lotions in Olu Deniz last week looked a bit iffy, same brands like Nivea (obviously no Soltan, Asda, tesco own) But they were being displayed outside in direct sunlight on racks and looked a bit dusty so goodness knows how long they had been there. I am sure they are not supposed to be stored in this way and should be kept cool. It will probably reduced their effectiveness as a protector against sunburn and skin damage.
We didn't put sun cream in luggage so as to save on weight. Planned to buy some i Boots at Gatwick...BIG mistake. On a Saturday this place was hell on Earth...huge queue.

Wished we had bought it before we went...ended up buying Nivea out there and was a lot dearer than here.
just got back, and yes its expensive out there, if you do need to buy it, get it from the chemists, as like alot of stuff over there it can be fake, or may have been sitting in the heat for several summers.......
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.