Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Sun Palace Hotel
65 Posts
Hi everyone

My wife 11yr old daughter and myself are staying here for two weeks in July/August 2006. After reading the hotel reviews Ive got mixed expectations. Ive also heard that a dress code applies in the restaurant and therefore was wondering if 3/4 length trousers could be worn? Any information on this hotel would be much appreciated.

Happy holidays 8)
why do people not wish to conform with one simple request ..if a dress code is in broacher then stick to it.. i do not know this particular property but have seen many a Farkas when holiday makers have been refused entry

wizard
Just got back from the Sun Palace, had a great holiday. They are pretty relaxed about wearing long trousers in the evening. The majority of people had long shorts or even shorts on. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Hi Lindylooloo

Just a quick question seeing as though you have just returned from Sun Palace.

Myself, children and friends are going in August for two weeks but have recently read a couple of disturbing reviews with regards to cockroaches and ants in the rooms. Did you have any problems? I know it is mostly those who have something to complain about who post but would like someone elses views who has been recently.

Many thanks :)
Hi Jennie

What holiday company you going with???,i,m going on 2nd and i,m still waiting for tickets to arrive.I,m going with Direct Holidays so wondering if i need to call them.
We were on the ground floor in the annexe building with grass at the front and the back, we had about six cockroaches in the room over the 2 weeks but no ants. The weather was very hot so its expected really. Staff did spray the rooms when requested. My son and his girlfriend had no problems at all. They were in the main hotel.
Hi Lindyloo,

Are you going to do a hotel review? I have so many questions, I am due to go on the 29th July for 2 weeks have a family room, dread the cockroaches but will not let it ruin my time there!

2 weeks to go!! :D
Hi Trebor 1
If you have any questions I will try to answer them. We also had a family room, this was spacious enough for four people, it had two rooms. The air condiditoning in the rooms was excellent. We found this hotel to be very good, so try not to worry. The only problem we had was the inside bar area which wasn't air conditioned, or if it was it wasn't working very well. But that didn't stop us enjoying the hoilday. All staff are very friendly, the entertainment staff are brilliant. Say hello to Carlos and the gang, from Phil from England and little Markus, and Lynn.
Hope you have a great holiday. If you want any more info I will try to help Lynn.....
Hi Lindyloo, sorry in delay replying (forgot my user name!)

Just two more questions if i may, are the room fridges stocked with drinks, and is this part of AI? also would you recommend we get a safe deposit box and can you remember how much they were?

1 week to go :D :D :D cant wait!

Thanks Julie
Hi Trebor 1
The fridges in the rooms don't get stocked up with drinks worse luck, but you can take drinks back to the rooms from the bar. You can also take snacks to the room, which is unusual in hotels. We hired the safe in the room I think it was 40 euros for the 2 weeks, which was quite expensive. We were on the ground floor so I thought we needed a safe.
We went to the water park while there which is quite good. If you book with Sofias over the road from the hotel transport there is included for the same price. The exchange rate is also better over there than in the hotel. The two shops over the road are also cheaper than the hotel. We found the second one to be the cheapest, but the aussie on is ok aswell.
Just thought i'd add those tips for you.
Lindyloo
Going tomorrow for two weeks! really looking fwd to it. Will post my report when I return, thanks to everyone for all the advice n tips, happy holidays!!
hi
does any one know if the refurbishment at the sun palace includes new beds and matresses as we are considering going back to rhodes and would use the sunpalace again as we liked it there but i dont think i could stand the beds again they really spoiled an otherwise good holiday
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel.
Hi anyone going to the Sunpalace in August just booked this hotel we were there the year before last prior to the refurbishment does anyone know if any more refurb was planned for this winter
Hiya. We are going to the Sun Palace on 23 July - 6 August, when in August are you going. Trying to find out info on it, e.g. whats it like etc.
Has anyone been to this hotel and can give me more info. I know it is a 4* do we have to take our own towels etc., any info would be appreicated. Thanks
i dont know if you have looked yet but there are some 2007 reports in the members hotel repot forum

wizard
We went there in 2006 prior to the re furb dont know if family rooms have been re furbished during the winter as these were in desperate need of modernisation we found the hotel to be ideal for our needs and suited us. we are frequent visitors to Rhodes and know that the greek standard of accomodation doesnt suit everybody but we love the island and the people.
As the moderator said you will find a lot of info on the hotel reports and on other similar sites. There are some negative views but just keep in mind that we are all different and expect different things from our hols. We enjoyed our stay at Sun palace hence we are returning for a second time to this accommodation.Hope you enjoy Rhodes as much as we do if you need any further info just ask and i will try to help
Thanks for you reply. Would you happen to know where abouts on the complex the family rooms for 5 are. Do you know if they are across the road to the hotel. Thanks. When are you goin in 2008?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.