Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
If sun4u have not refunded you because the hotel is charging 100% cancellation charges there is not a lot that sun4u can do about it. I know if you book direct with a hotel they have different cancellation rules because they are charging higher rates than those that a bed bank would be given.
Also I think complaints would have to be submitted individually depending on circumstances. Everyone could have different reasons, as not all hotels will charge the same cancellation charges. Also everyone's evidence would have to be sent.
Sun4u might be making a lot of money out of this, but on the other hand, they might not!
The holiday was sold to me as a 'package', only when I had paid the one price asked for was the invoice emailed to me and I found it to be in all separate parts. When I rang to complain I was told it was definately a package and not to worry! I have since contacted the hotel who have received no money from Sun4u as they had cancelled the accomodation and sent me a cancellation document.
Sorry to be a bit thick :yikes Did Sun4u cancel the hotel and send you a cancellation invoice? As they are unlikely to have booked it directly with the hotel I wonder if they have been charged by the bedbank, who in turn would pay the hotel?
Agree they do need to be more transparent when selling a 'package'.
Yes, they cancelled the hotel and sent me a cancellation invoice
Stick to your guns, if t was sold to you as a package then they have to issue a refund. I have had the same problems with Tropical collection, part of the Global Travel Group. I past the matter to trading standards along with many others. Although it has taken me 6 weeks,I managed through persistance and knowledge of the law to obtain a full refund. Good luck
I would like to bring some reality to the reviews on Sun4U and Beachsun holidays - I spent the last 4 months worrying about the fact that I had booked my holiday with this company and made sure I double checked all the details with them, the hotel, the transfer company etc. I am happy to say that everything went as planned and we had a fantastic holiday. Yes they are difficult to get through to on the phone as they are very busy and you have to wait for the next advisor but everything happened as they said it would. I think for the price we paid it was very good value and service from this company and I would travel with them again. My word of advice is to read carefully the details you are sent and confirm that you have all information in place and understood. I would not want others to be so worried as I was in the build up to my holiday - Sun4U handle thousands of bookings each year and seem to have very bad press on the internet for the few that have issues - possibly because people do not always follow the instructions. A couple staying at our complex had not reconfirmed their transfers and wondered why they were not on the list for collection - just an example...
to ryanjules ..do you work for sun4u by any chance.. :think
jd

member is posting from the Netherlands [Amsterdam]

wiz
No I don't work for Sun4U - just believe that they should get good posts when things go good to balance if they get bad posts
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.