Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
My God - I don't mean to sound an old fogey (well I am, sort of) but I can't think of anything worse to happen on Candolim beach. A lot of us go there for relaxation and having trance music blaring out is my idea of a nightmare. I think I may retreat to the hotel pool for those 2 days!

Candybabe
If you find anything going on like that in the first two weeks of March can you send me a PM please :wink:
Let me know about the first two weeks in March too, so I can make a quick escape to the pool.

I agree Candybabe, nightmare.

Donna
XX
this looks awesome, gutted it's not on when im there in Feb :(
Love it or loath it, some of the dj`s who are playing this festival are big name mainstream dj`s who are regulars on the Ibiza scene. I also notice that Tito and the Goa tourist department are listed at the bottom of the flyer, hmmmm, now they have managed to clamp down on the Hippies and the trance parties on the grounds of noise and the drug problem what do they do ? bring in another European dance set up aimed at younger Europeans who already have a bad image in Ibiza for more or less the same things as they tried to eradicate with the Hippies :cry: It would also tie in with the problems Club Cubana has each year when it tries to re open as allegedly Tito`s is always behind scare mongering and licence problems.

It certainly makes me wonder where the Goan tourist board is going with this :?
What I don't understand is why Candolim beach, and not one of the more out of the way ones. In my humble opinion the majority of visitors to Candolim (myself included) are middle aged plus visitors who want peace and quiet - I haven't paid out large sums of money to have loud trance music blasting in my eardrums. If I wanted the Ibiza scene, I would go to Ibiza. If it does goes ahead we can pray for lots of power cuts!
Candybabe
Exactly what I am trying to say in a round about way, it would seem that the Tourist dept. wants this type of thing in Goa to attract the Ibiza crowd. I too can`t understand why they chose Candolim, with it being the quieter of the Northern resorts. Last year they had the big chill up in Morjim(granted that its a more laid back affair) and now the total opposite in a quiet beach resort :? I would just put it down to the usual Goan greasing of palms without giving too much thought for correct planning.
Sorry Candybabe but I doubt the power cuts will kill off the generators so you better buy some ear plugs or move up to Ashwem for a few days. I also wonder what times they will be playing music till ? surely they aren`t going to break their own law on amplified music after 10pm ? that`s it grease that palm a little more and all will be ok.
Candybabe, I have to agree, why candolim???? It's a strange choice. Doesn't seem like they have done their research.

The Big Chill used beaches further north... to be honest young or old, it would be nice to have the choice rather than having it forced upon you. If I was in Goa when this festival was on I would probably have liked to go along but I would also like the choice to walk away too.... as our hotel is right on Candolim beach.

Also... festivals bring rubbish.... just a thought.
having endured a similar thing years ago in Cyprus I can tell you it drove me up the wall. We couldn't even escape to our hotel as it was on the beach. There were a lot of irate tourists. Is this something that Indian tourists will go for?
I think with the large influx of young Indian tourists travelling from Mumbai for the New year it will be a massive hit unfortunately for those staying in Candolim :shock: As a Dj and ex club promotor myself I would love to have had a hand in something like this (big money) just a pitty they didn`t think to plan the siting of it with a little more consideration.
Its good you've highlighted this FTV. At least folks will know about it before they go.
It does sound really good and i'm gutted there's nothing like it in March but.. Candolim does seem strange.

Why not Anjuna?
Where is Zanzibar Shack?
Just checked out the site.
Runs from 11am to 10pm.
Zanzibar is in Baga, go to the bottom of Tito rd onto the beach and its about 3 shacks up on the right.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.