Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Sunny beach 2008
10 Posts
- How busy is the resort likely to be then
- Whats the average weather likely to be
- Drink (beer, cocktails, wine etc) and food prices
- What the local beer is (and whether it is any good)
- What resort bars/clubs/restaurants to go to

1. Not full season but it's getting there. Everything will be open
2. Hot, could be very, all things being equal, but who can really predict the weather in these days of alleged climate change?
3. Until we get the first reports back we won't know. Prices are going up, but you should still find them very reasonable, I think.
4. Zagorka, Astika, M M, all good lagers, no need to pay out for imported.
5. Don't know, prefer Golden Sands, but I personally never do recommend. Have found that ones that were good last year have different owners/staff and are lousy this. Very often they are not even there because of re-development. There are plenty to choose from, you'll find your own.

Peter
Hi ozzmeister,

As Peter has said (and you acknowledged in your post) accurate answers to many of your queries will only become available when the season actually starts.

As far as beers are concerned, most are pilsner/lager-types (as Peter indicated) but there are also some darker varieties, such as Stolichno Bock, Shumensko Cherveno & Kamenitza Tamno. In general the local beers are good, very cheap by Western European standards and the majority are produced by the Bulgarian subsidiaries of multi-national brewers, InBev, Heineken, Carlsberg, etc.

You'll find weather data for Burgas Airport over the period 23rd June-7th July for the last 10 years HERE, which should give you a rough idea of the type of weather that you may, or may not, experience.

Baldur
Will be starting hols on 15th June, can anyone tell me what nights temparatures are like, will a thin cardigan be needed espeacially for the children to wear.
will a thin cardigan be needed espeacially for the children to wear.

It will be very unusual for that time of year if you need anything but the air conditioning on at full blast.

Baldur
Hi Baldur, sorry meant whilst we're out and about on an evening.
sorry meant whilst we're out and about on an evening.

Actually typed the above answer while squinting at the tiny screen of an eeepc, so had misread your date as 15th July - yes you may need something light for the evening as it's still relatively early in the season.

Baldur
We went 18th June last year and for the 3 weeks we were there it was very HOT....in the 40s most days. Hope its the same this June.
Yes last year was unusually hot - the high temperatures devastated crops & increased the local population's food prices dramatically, so I doubt if many Bulgarians would agree with you (other than those employed in tourism).

Baldur
Thanks, point taken Baldur.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.