Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Adam,

The 'real' summer holiday season in Bulgaria, in my opinion, is from mid-June to mid-September. This has been stretched to its current mid-May to mid-October by the resort & tour operators. At least some facilities & activities will not be open in Sunny Beach, e.g. water parks (the SB Action Aquapark website seems to be down at the moment) but Sveti Vlas is a 'real' Bulgarian town, rather than a seasonal resort, so most facilities there will be operating as usual.

The weather in May/early June can be unpredictable.

You will find bars/restaurants in SB, such as Djanny's, which cater for Bulgarians as well as tourists will almost certainly be open.

Golf courses have been 'under development' since 2005, certainly in the Northern coastal area - I am unaware whether any have actually been finished yet.

Baldur
cheers baldur but . .

anybody who lives nearby got any specific info please

cheers
dumski wrote:
cheers baldur but . .

cheers

I thought that Baldur's information was specific. It answered most of the questions in your original post, which would apply to a tourist as much as a resident.

If you have questions which are specific to living in Bulgaria rather than visiting, I shall be happy to move your topic to our Ex Pats forum.

luci :wave
Hi Adam,

Good luck with that before you go, from memory there are maybe a couple of regular posters on this board who live all year round in Sveti Vlas, one of whom is discolazur_f, who is Bulgarian.

This report should give you some idea about the preparedness of Sunny Beach to receive tourists as early as you are planning to visit.

Baldur
Thanks very much

I'm sorry if I sound ungreatful. I'm honestly not. I appreciate your help and advice very much.

It's a difficult time at home right now so just need to get away and enjoy the piece and quiet (building work permitting.)

cheers
It's a difficult time at home right now so just need to get away and enjoy the piece and quiet (building work permitting.)

I'm sure that you'll have a great time, just don't expect everything to be like your previous high season visits. Hopefully, they'll get a grip on the building works this year and let you have a peaceful break. ;)

Baldur
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.