Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
McFester

What an excellent report on your stay in Sunny Beach. Your comments will help those who are about to travel for the first time to Bulgaria and who have heard all the horror stories! I am sure this positive review will be welcomed by many who use this forum.

Personally I am a great fan of Golden Sands where we first visited years ago and have returned numerous times. I remember people were horrified when we said where we were going but glad to say many of them have tried it themselves now and have changed their minds about Bulgaria. Have also been a few times to Sunny Beach and had very enjoyable holidays.

Both resorts are definately worth visiting and if you are a family on a budget your money will go a long way.
Hi McFester,

Thanks for a really comprehensive and reassuring report!

Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and had good weather.

Baldur
Great report after reading some of the things being said .But have been going for years now and i know the first time was scary so you have done a great job of easing a lot of first timers going to Bulgaria .The people are brilliant and very helpfull .Its up to the person going to either make it a good holiday or sit about and moan :que But i cant wait three weeks come Saturday and i will be in Golden Sands :cheers :cheers
June52

Hope you will do a review on Golden Sands once you have visited this summer. I will be interested to hear of any changes, new hotels, bars, restaurants, prices etc, etc. I know I am repeating myself here but I just love that resort.

Have a great time.
I will morh we just loveG/S and made lots of friends there and will be great to see them again.Going to shipka this year as loads of hotels keep vanishing from Balkans Book June :cheers
Hi again June

OOPS! My mistake. Think I switched the topic from Sunny Beach to Golden Sands. Never mind. See Balkan Holidays for 2010 on sale now.
Have been getting emails from them at least four times a week still not been for this year LOL :cheers
Just to add that most toilets, you have to pay 50 stonkies to use the facilities. A point to note here is that every toilet you had to pay a woman to use was all very clean and smelt clean. So I actually think it is a good idea as you get some men who are not at all toilet trained make a mess but here, they have to be careful as someone is watching them (Not literally!) meaning cleaner facilities. I have read loads of horror stories and was expecting holes in the floor and a wooden box but can assure any visitor that every toilet I had to use was very clean. Maybe people who have complained in the past have not been out in to city centres around the UK in the evening to fully understand how difficult it must be to preserve facilities, so in my opinion, charging here works.

I am well jealous of anyone who is looking forward to going soon, hope you have a great time! :cheers
Also, one major regret! I so wished I had learned some of the local lingo before we went. The resort has many europeon visitors so for the locals, it must be very difficult to be able to listen and understand what I was saying. Please try and learn how to say please, thank you, hello and cheers, I learnt nothing and struggled because of it in places.
great review, very helpful and reassuring.

I'll be sure to post my thoughts when i return 2 weeks from Saturday
I dont mind paying for the toilet as it is always they are always clean more than i can say for the uk :tup
Thanks Mcfester for a great report. We've been going to Sunny Beach for 11/12 years, twice a year and never had any problems. Looking forward to going back in 2weeks (24th June) for 21days but staying in Sv Vlas this time.
I totally agree, it helps a lot to try out some of the language. Our many BG friends teach us more phrases every time we go and we carry a dictionary!
Lets hope more first time visitors take heed of all the advise on these forums, so they too can avoid any pitfalls and scams!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.