Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
sunny beach- Q&As
235 Posts
HI no they are not all as written how much koko strova.

Thank you is blagodariya as written.

please is molya as written.

good morning is dobro utro.

good day from about 10 oclock is dobre den.

good evening is dobre vetcher.

good night (when going to bed) is leka nosht.

beer is bira, water is voda, tea is chai,fish is riba, hope these help.
Thanks for that Mondeo, very helpful. Can see me getting well tongue tied though! Blagodiaoreah is probably how I well end up saying it :oops:

Cant wait for the next instalment dividimus!
:rofl :rofl

Sally, I might have managed to say it ok, but now if I even TRY i'll prob think of that lol
I was there 14 days but I wasted 5 of them chasing the balkan rep around SB
Husband is worried now he might get water (Voda) when he wants Vodka :shock:
Dont worry, I think Vodka is the more popular drink, and the emphasis in the words is different.

vOdka is like English

vodA is Bulgarian water

Patka
Hi Everyone :wave
Anyone got any info on Hotel Wela or Sredets or Karlova?..... thinking we might book up for next summer. All info (good and bad) gratefully received :lol:
Pat
Hi Pat you might get more info if you post a new thread.
Good luck :D
David please finish your story :roll: please dont leave us hanging,you owe that to this form.We also had problems with Balkan a couple of years back,I suppose you will get the same treatment as us,stick with it dont give in.

Bill
Im 22 and just back today from a 2 week holliday in Sunny Beach 2nd year in a row and had an amazing time. I heard loads of symilar music in the bars over there some great dance tracks and the Swedish music aswell was good. Now im home i dont know what they are ! Has anyone bought a Sunny beach Hits CD who could tell me what tracks are on it ? Cheers..
hey david is stil tryin to think what to write so lets all party while he thinks of a reply to all whom waits ( he must work for balkin hols :D )

:bhead
Hey we dont need to know bulgarian to know BLa bla bla :ghug
Not many places I've been around the world where there's not labour exploitation of one kind or another. Price of a pint of Guiness couldnt give a .....................
so, looks like there is more negative to positive... ok
Hi Folks
just returned home on Wednesday, to Pat can I say we met a couple who stayed at the Wela and loved it! :D
As for the price of guiness all imported drink is at the same price you pay at home as are the cigarettes. Buy local and pay local....... the spirits are really good quality and taste just as good as ours. The wine is superb too :wink: :oops:
We had a fantastic holiday and yes the Brits abroad are a truly amazing sight 8) our expectations are far higher than other nationalities, just remember you are going to a developing country as far as tourism is concerned. Go with an open mind and you won't be disappointed.

morgan :)
i wouldnt even try the guinness in bulgaria lol, its bad enough in britain and its only across the sea lol, only one place to drink guinness and that is here !!

ALSO

who the hell goes to bulgaria for tourism, i go for some fun and to relax, i dont know why ppl complain about the hotel's, if you do some research before you go or spend an extra few quid you will get a nice place to stay pfff
Couldnt agree more - too many people out there wanting something for nothing - I seem to work with most of them!!!!!!!!
im off to sunny beach tomorrow and as its my first time in bulgaria i dont know any language at all! would like to say please and thank you at least! can anyone help?
Hi. Have a great time.
Please molya
Thank You Blagodarya
Cheers nazdraveh
Tonyt.
Hi Cados,

There are a few common phrases (with sound files to help you with pronunciation) HERE and HERE.

Pozdravi,

Baldur 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.