Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Sunny Dreams
32 Posts
have a look at our Sunny beach resort reviews.
Thanks,
I've read the resort reviews, I'm really just trying to find out location of these apartments, as I've got 2 young kids and don't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with miles to walk to the beach, bars/resturants, etc.
If anyone knows of these apartments it would great.
Hi Bevvy,

If you have found the First Choice website (which I can't post a link to - it reverts to the search page), and the Bulgarian estate agent advertisements, I think you have found out as much as is possible at present.

First Choice say it is on the outskirts of the resort, one of the estate agents states it is in the centre - someone is telling porkies!

Since it is highly probable work on them hadn't even started last season, it is highly unlikely anyone is going to know any more about them at this moment in time. I can't even find enough firm information to create an entry on the Hotel Review page.

I would be very cautious with regard to booking it. Bulgarian building firms tend to miss completion deadlines, and I wouldn't bank on it being finished by the middle of July. I'm sure you don't want to spend your holiday on a building site.

This is why I always say, "If it wasn't fully completed and up and running LAST season, don't book it for this coming one."

Peter
Hi Bevvy,

I'm really just trying to find out location of these apartments

From an agent's location map - the site of Sunny Dreams is situated just above the Bohemi on THIS MAP (about halfway up block 'C' on the map) which, one could argue, places it both on the outskirts of the resort (as it's outside the currently built-up area) and roughly in the centre of the resort (as far as its North/South placement is concerned).

Baldur
Hi Bevvy, Just as a pointer, if you view the map Baldur recommends, the actual resort centre is regarded as Hotel Kuban, where the Captain Cook sign is.
I agree with the comments about "newly built" properties, far better to let them operate for a season before diving in, unless of course you are going late in the season.

8) The Toonman
Hi Bevvy, the Sunny Dreams apartments are situated, behind the Golden Dreams apartments, about 250Metres from the beach, and similar distance from the centre, you will have to cross a busy road on the way to the beach, there is however a pelican crossing, you will probably find there is quite a bit of building activity going on around the Sunny Dreams, however this usually stops during the tourist season, you can keep a check on the building progress here, http://www.dreamville-bg.com click on building progress, then Sunny Dreams, it looks well on its way, and should be complete soon, cheers, Paul.
:D
Thanks everyone,
Not sure what to do, maybe better looking for other apartments or hotel that are already completed.
Thanks again
:D
I think that is the best option Bevvy.
Hi booked to go 11/08/06 14 nights at Sunny Dreams (new build) in Sunny Beach 2 adults and two sons 15 and 13 anybody else going then or are we going to have the place to ourselves.
First time to Bulgaria so would appreciate any advice places to eat ,visit etc and more impotantly places to avoid. Would especially like to hear from anybody who visits this year before we go.
Hi tamtosh,

I doubt if you'll be alone in August. :wink:

As the season hasn't really started yet, it's difficult to give recommendations on restaurants as what was good last year may no longer exist, may have changed hands or not be as good this year for other reasons.

I am sure you'll pick up lots of information & advice if you keep your eyes on this site.

Baldur
tamtosh we are going in 4 weeks so will right a review.
Hi Julie.
That will be great to get some feed back. To be honest wherever we go we try to go with no expectations and so far we have never been dissapointed but this is the first time we have gone to a new build although hopefully by August everything should be up and running. I have been tracking the building progress on the Dreamville website as much as possible.
Hope you have a great time and cant wait to here all about it.
I stayed in the Sever Yug last year, just across the road from the Sunny Dreams apartment. It was karaoke in there every night and a couple of time I was there until 3 in the morning and it was till going on when I left. A couple of times we gave it a miss because it was over run with what looked like a scandanavian bar crawl group. The bar isn't open air, but I hope you do not get too much noise if it is the same this year. Especially if the singers are as bad as I am :oops:
Think you may have the wrong Sunny Dreams there Alison, the Sever Yug is about 0.5 mile from the Sunny Dreams Apartments, and on the other side of the resort. :roll: Will have to remember that tho for when we want a Karaoke night.
Hmm - I swear it was the Sunny Dreams apartments, but I stand to be corrected. I lot of them have such similar names (Summer Dreams, Golden Dreams etc) that I'm probably wrong. The ones I'm talking about were left outside the gate of the Sever Yug, down the alley way under the Zvete hotel water chutes and then just over the road to the left. They were kind of midway between the the Flower Pub and Adonis restaurant. They were newly built and I am not even sure if the apartments were being lived in and thought maybe just the bar was open when I was there in July.
Your right there Alison, it does get a bit confusing with all the similar names, the Sunny Dreams as far as i remember was only at the foundations stage last summer, and is due to open in the next month or so. Paul.
I wonder what the name of the one I went to was called then - it's annoying me! I know I saw it on First Choice or something last year but doesn't seem to be there now.
Hi - it sounds like you mean Summer Dreams. It was completed in July last year and is yellow in colour. It is situated just over the road and was indeed open (from Mid-August) although I believe the bar staff were there from July which was the expected completion date so could have been the bar was open!

Rich
Hi Rich - well, if it wasthe same place I am thinking of then the bar was open the first two weeks of July cos I spent rather a lot of time in it! :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.