Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Try these links to loads of reviews

http://www.debbiesdominicantravel.com/sunscapebeach.html

CLICK HERE.

by the way, this hotel is not in the South of the Dom Rep - it's in Punta Cana, on the East Coast.
Hi Trishy06

Also check out the hotels website :

http://www.sunscaperesorts.com/beach/index.html

Scubaman
hi there
the resort looks excellent with plenty of good reviews,but they are all from Canadians and Americans.Does anyone know if any British tour operators offer this resort ?
A friend of mine has just come back, I don't know which company they travelled with, it was a last minute deal. They really enjoyed it, food was excellent, there is a lazy river pool which they really raved about, rooms were good, no complaints about it what so ever.
This travel agent is worth a look if only for the pictures of the hotel :

http://www.bluebaytravel.co.uk/popup.cfm?p_n=271841&p_i=271841

Scubaman
I have found that Thomson offer this hotel

Scubaman
hi scubaman
have looked on the Thomson website but can't see" the beach " resort only the the punta cana grand.Am i looking in the right place :?:

regards
sharpy
Hi Sharpy

I found it on this web page - about halfway down - if you search the page for sunscape you will go straight to it.

http://www.cheapholidaydeals.co.uk/Caribbean%2DDominican%2DRepublic/Air%2DTransport/Northwest/

Good hunting

Scubaman
cheers scubaman

looks like i'll have to give Thomson a ring for details.
many thanks

sharpy
Thanks for all your comments. Have now trawled through all the reviews and booked to go on 2nd May through Global via teletext. They say it will be in the next Thomson brochure. :)
hi
we are thinking of booking the Sunscape The Beach for our 30th Wedding anniversary in Decemeber.
I have really researched this hotel and found this forum extremely helpful. :D
One point I can't find an answer to is what the weather will be like in Dec.
Also has anyone recently been to this hotel. :?:
I would really appreciate any help as wanting to book. :roll:
One more question what is the difference, North Coast to East coast weather wise in Dec. (or any helpful tips you have) :?:
Thanks in advance
Regards Cindy
If anyone would like to post a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
Sorry I can't comment on the hotel but the weather in Punta Cana in December is great, its far less humid that in May/June but still very warm, the lack of humidity making it much more comfortable in my opinion. You might get the odd tropical rainfall but its not usually for very long and no matter how much comes down, it very soon dries up :lol: and even the rain is warm :lol:
I would say in our last three Decembers (3x14 days) in Punta Cana we have only lost one whole day due to bad weather and that was a good excuse to prop up the bar and have a chat with our fellow holidaymakers. :lol:
Thanks silverpixie1uk
much appreciated
We went there last July-August. Most reviews will give this resort top marks. So will we. We had a great time. It is quite remote from other hotels. I won't bother to add anything to what you may have read already just to include the following thoughts. It took us an hour to walk along the beach to Sirenis, the nearest resort to The Beach. If you decide to do this you will find it a very pleasnat walk( make sure you bring a bottle of water with you each). You will be approached by hawkers along the way, but a friendly "no thank you" will be enough to get you passed them. You will be amazed how many of them have girlfriends from close to where you live.There are some interesting trips arranged by the different companies there, but I wouldn't bother with the trip to Saona Island unless you specifically NEED to dip your toes in the Carribean Sea. It is a long journey for a very short time on the island.
This is very much a chill out resort. The staff are great.

Ps bring some dollars in small ( $1 & 5$ ) denominations for tipping. You wont get much chance to spend your money. Bring sun tan lotions and pharmaceutical products for both men and women. They are expensive in the hotel shop. This time of year is their high season, expect lots of canadian and american visitors as well.

have a great time.
jr
Also has anyone recently been to this hotel

I don't know how recent you mean, but we were there in April and loved it!! It is a really lovely resort.
The thing we were most impressed with was the food, both quality and choice. We were there for a week and had an evening meal in a different place every night! :) And while the food on room service isn't brilliant, it is part of your All Inclusive and was nice to have it as a choice. :wink:

If there is anything else you would like to know, just ask and I'll do my best to help :)

Sunaholic.
Hi Sunaholic
Thanks for your comments. Did you happen to see the deluxe rooms, were they worth upgrading to. Is so, what building (block) were they located in.
I have been in touch with the hotel and requested a room near to everything as my husband has a torn ligament, (bad knee) so can't walk along way.
If anyone else has stayed here, hav you any tips.
Cheers.
Cindy
Hi Cindy.

When you say deluxe rooms, which ones do you mean? Only because I think the standard rooms are called deluxe at this resort.

I can't remember what number our block was, but if you use the link below and look at the top (aerial view) picture, our block was the first on the left and we were in a standard (deluxe?? :? ) room. From what I can remember, the first couple of blocks on the right had the jacuzzi baths, as did some right by the beach.

http://www.sunscaperesorts.com/beach/about.html#

I'm not sure which block I would recommend to minimise the walking, as this resort runs down to the beach rather than along it so if you're by one thing you're not by another. The main restaurant is by the lobby at the top of the resort with the beach being at the bottom. Wherever you are you'll be by the pool as it runs the length of the resort.

Hope this has helped. If you'd like to know anything else give me a shout. :)

Lucy.
Hi going to this hotel next week. in punta cana. never been to the carribean before.

Just a few questions to ask.

What are the best excursions to go on.?

How much do they cost?

Is there a market are shopping centre near by?

Any other information would be appreciated. ie.packing essentials. any do's and dont's
Thankyou :thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.