Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I don't think that you will get anywhere with this. When my children were young and in fact a small infant I had to pay the hotel direct for a cot etc. The baby travelled free on the flight and so the only charge made by the hotel was for the cot. I think this is standard practice. Obviously whoever gave you the wrong information but it is only your word against theirs. If it is in the brochure all be it in the small print then my advice is just forget it and it is not worth the hassle for 25euro.

Sorry that is just my opinion someone else may have a different take on it.

Sue
I agree you are on a hiding to nothing here.

But - there is always one of those!

If you have time on your hands, you could always enter into a long correspondence arguing that you were told it was included in the price according to their representative when you booked.

I doubt you will get anywhere - but then they might send you some vouchers after many months just to shut you up.

Putting things as essential (in your case) in the small print at the back is a not the way to inspire customer confidence, or to retain their custom.

fwh
I always thought that when you give a travel agent all your details then they have to arrange all the beds for you. Unless your child is at an age where it's possible they may need a bed instead then they may have just put the child in as needing an extra bed in the room. But if it's obvious your child needed a cot then the Travel Agent should ask if thats what you want!
Like when booking a trip they'll ask how many child places/adult.
The last 2 holidays we have had, have been with First Choice. Never had to pay extra for a cot. !!
Just drop them a line and let them know your displeasure. You never know.....
Denny
If you don't have it in writing that you were told that there was no charge for the cot, it's your word against theirs. Have you been back into First Choice to complain about the incorrect information ?
Thank you for all your replies. You have made me think though. Firstly, the reply that said (historically) you never needed to pay for a cot; this was the first time this particular hotel had ever provided a cot, it was a brand new cot as well; this makes me wonder if it is a new problem with the booking process. Secondly, a bed had been provided for my child, even better, this meant that we got an extra room as the bed was in a twin room (a bed is no good as we need a cot for the baby), so we did well in another way.

So, I will take your advice and write once more, but I won't be too upset if it goes nowhere.

However, I do have an other gripe, but we are awaiting a reply on this one from First Choice; the pram we took got a good bashing around on the way out and was broken in a couple of places. I can't say anything bad about this yet as we await a reply from their claims department.

Joss
Hbrac, just for the record, it is our word against theirs. Looking at our paperwork there is no mention of the cot; however I reiterate we were told that it was included in the price and I was expecting to pay this surcharge anyway. I watched the travel agent put all info into the computer and I am sure I asked again at the time if it included the cot. We asked on a number of occasions during the booking process 'does this include everything?'. I felt the travel agent was very good: honest, open etc...

Just one of those things, I just feel it is the principle rather than the price. They will probably loose my business but not if they can give me a cheap price like this holiday was.

Joss
Thank you for your update - always nice when someone takes the time to reply.

Please let us know how you go on.

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.