Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Peter I take it you didnt buy the Bikini then :rofl
Peter, thanks for the very informative report of the Susesi, it sounds wonderful! I notice it is still not listed on the review section which is a shame! Cannot wait to sample it for myself! 2 weeks to go!!
Hi Violet ,maybe the mods will post my report on the hotel review section,i have seen them do this before for a new hotel. It's kind of difficult posting rerviews as some peoples opinions differ . I always try to tell things as i see it ,but there are always the few who have something to complain about .Fair dos if they are valid ,but i think it would take a really harsh critic to find any major complaint at the Susesi.There is free internet at the hotel ,which i did not find out about until later.Maybe if you have a spare minute while you are there you could let us know you basic thoughts .Have a good holiday Violet and dont be buying to many of them bikinis at that price :yikes :wave:
Hi bluepeter, I have added the hotel to our review section HERE

Please feel free to add your review. :wink
Thanks in advance.

Kath x
Peter from the sound of all that is on offer I would have to buy 3 bikini's in various sizes for the weight gained during the holiday! :rofl We are taking a laptop so I will post from the hotel!
Having had the tour of the Susesi we sort of know what to expect but you get a better picture about the food etc from excellent reviews like yours! It blew us away when we saw it. I am so glad you enjoyed it! The Bottled beer is great, we had that at the Barut Lara and my husband like a beck's or two!!
regards violet!
Peter I think the 1 star for cleanliness must be a mistake, I did the same when I did the review of Barut lara and the moderators ammended it!
just seen a short clip of this hotel on you tube .got to say it looks amazing. now thinking of trying to sweet talk hubby in to taking me there for wedding aniverssary.
Hi we are at the Susesi now and the hotel is superb!Got 6 more days left and the hotel gets a big thumbs up from us!!
Peter you were so right about it in your review!
It is very hot here but the air con is super in the rooms and quiet and the indoor restaurants and bars are so cool! So many beautiful areas to sit and lovely staff serving every drink imagineable! Bottled beers a big hit with us! I had the most lovely slushy made with baileys the other evening! They now have a weekly pier party with fireworks and laser light show!
Can anyone tell he which holiday companys offer packages here, found it on the Thomsons website but cant find it anywhere else. Thanks
We were there in June and are booked up again for September ,both times with Thomas Cook.

Bluepeterno1
Thanks Bluepeterno 1

We are looking to go June 2010 but cant get TC to bring this hotel up when I search for a price.
You will probably have to phone them as they sometimes take hotels of this year until next year to reprice them.We went to the club Voyage twice last year then could not get it for the ealy part of this year ,thats why we ended up going to the Susesi ,though we loved the Voyage the Susesi is every bit as good if not better .Keep trying you wont be disappointed.

Bluepeterno1
Bluepeter..... can you easily pre book a late checkout for those awful night flights? I like to pre-book when im booking up.

Also, is it worth going into Belek? Are there any bars shops near hotel?
I dont know about pre booking late check out ,because we have never done it ,we have never seen the need seeing it was just the wife and i . There is a really great spa centre where you can get showered and changed until 8pm ,In the changing rooms are secure lockers so you can leave your traveling clothes and anything else you need .If you do that at 12 noon chechout then you have the rest of the day to do what you want .If you are showered and changed by 8pm the have dinner and a few refreshments it is then nearly time for pick up .Belek town is mainly shops with one or two bar/restaurants .There is a good market on a Saturday .There are plenty places of interest in the Antalya area where you can go on day trips .In Kadriye there is a small travel agent called lets go travel where you can get great trips for a mere fraction of the price that say Thomas Cook charges.
Bluepeterno1
Thomson flights are best for us, TC flights don't get back to UK till after 6.00am!!! Dreadful.... Just going to monitor the price for a bit.... determined not to go back to Hemera in Side..... had the best of it.

Thnaks for the info..... and as for 140 euro for a bikini..... i'll have one in every colour
Thanks for info everyone, Thomsons flights look better for us too.
Got a price of 3175.50 for 1 week 22nd June. 3 adults 2 kids 15 & 12. (2 rooms)
For those who have already been would you say this hotel is suitable for all ages.
There will be my husband and I (my 40th birthday) my mother 68 and son 15 & daughter will be 12, have always gone away in school holidays and I am a bit worried out there not being any other English children there.

Whats the 3rd bed like in the standard room, could an adult sleep comfortably on it (son is nealy 6 ft now so it might be me who sleeps on it!)

Thanks again
The third bed is like a really large sofa and the room itself is very big and roomy .I would say this hotel is suitable for all ages plenty to do .Dont think there will be a problem with your kids making friends once they get in about the pools with the slides and all the other passtimes .There may be some english guests there at the same time as you ,but i think that most foreign children speak lots of english nowadays so i dont see much of a problem.Remember to tell reception about your birthday as i am sure they will arrange something for you .If you book an ala carte meal on your birthday tell them and they will arrange a cake with sparklers . Take your mother to the belly dacing lessons held every morning. :)
Have a good one . :tup

Bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.