Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Taba Questions
12 Posts
When I went to petra from taba you did. You also get a jordanian stamp in your passport.
You do not need an Egyptian visa for what you describe. Tell then "Sinai only" at the aairport and get the free tourist stamp on arrival.
The Gulf of Aqaba coast is visa-free for stays up to two weeks. You'll only need an Egyptian visa if you choose to visit the rest of Egypt, ie go to Cairo/Pyramids.

I'm not sure what you need to enter Jordan, maybe this is the visa Chelsea1 mentioned...

I'll be amazed if the Hilton Taba doesn't provide shower gel. Hilton Nuweiba certainly does and it's a named, decent make (if only I could remember what I'd tell you!)...
Can't answer your question Mandu but my daughter has been there for a fortnight - flying home tomorrow,& the weather is lovely.
Expect Hilton shower gel may be Crabtree and Evelyn La Source. It is in Hilton Sharks Bay in Sharm (and also in the Hilton in Glasgow I discovered last weekend!)
Thanks All,

Really useful - looking forward to the sun now!

V
xx
When i stayed in Taba we did not need a visa as we were only staying in sinaii ( i think Alan has mentioned that). I did not go into Jordan, but i did visit Israel and needed to pay like a border tax. I also had abit of a visa but it was on a piece of paper that slipped inside my passport and then when I returned back over to the Egyptian side, it was removed at the border. Perhaps somethign similar is required for Jordan although i would not expect so as it is another Arab country.
:whoops Sorry I made a mistake. I've just checked my passport and of all the egyptian entries Taba is the only one where i never had a visa stamp. So the answer is you do not need a visa to go to petra.
Thanks for these replies.

My feeling was that we wouldn't actually be leaving Sinai in Egypt so should just need a Jordanian visa - but I wanted to check!

Quite excited now!
I returned from Taba on Tuesday, and had a fantastic time. I stayed next door to the hilton, I'm 100% sure they'll supply shower gel. You won't need a visa to go to Petra, but it will cost you £200pp by the time you pay the border fees e.t.c. We were going to go to Petra ourselves, but the day before we were going to book it, we got talking to a couple who'd just come back from there. They definately didn't recommend a visit there. It cost them £400, most of it was travelling and then you only get 3 hours in Petra. They said it wasn't worth the money they charge! We went on a jeep safari, it was a change to leave the hotel but it wasn't all that great. They take you for lunch to Dahab, it was a restaurant full of cats approx 20 of them walking about and jumping on you. Hubby was ill after eating there. The weather was stunning, slightly windy at times due to the mountains. The sun is at its peak by 10am but sharply drops by 4.30 when the wind sets in. I'd recommend a light cardi for the evenings. One of the best holidays i've been on. It's all about the beach, diving and snorkelling. There isn't anywhere you can go within walking distance, but that's what we wanted, a relaxing holiday doing nothing. Have a lovely time. :)
Welcome home Marlou - sounds like it was a good one :tup
Thanks Starry, It was the best!! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.