Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Tailors
58 Posts
Super Tailors in Candolim. is fantastic. he will make what ever you want. it is only a short taxi ride from baga. and well worth it. we use him every year
totally agree super tailors is excellent
What are the approximate costs on items and will they make female items ie. dresses too? :?:
http://www.peterferguson.nildram.co.uk/Me%20and%20Angie%20in%20wedding%20gear.JPG

We had our wedding gear made there, took 7 days to make, 2 sittings and all hand stitched. for the pair a massive £200 :D

Suit 2 Piece £25
Suit 3 Piece £35
Shirts Silk about £5

Will make anything you want, best to take a picture of what you want or a design and they will do something for you all at very good quality and very cheap.
My daughter had her prom dress made £22 (full lenght red silk)
I also took out mesurements and a picture for my friends daughters prom dress and it fitted perfectly

also had made

Suit with shirt £45
3/4 lenght leather jacket £45

excellent quality
Goa just sounds better & better - I think I'll need a new wardrobe to keep all these new clothes in!!
best place for leather is virtually opposite super tailors, place called touch of leather owned by rambo. Does made to measure leather, snide bags and everything else that can be made in leather.

Just dont buy his rolex watches as look good but last a couple of weeks.
Well you've certainly got my appetite whetted for a new wardrobe but my husband doesn't seem too happy!!! I'll need an extra suitcase by the time I'm finished. :twisted:
Whats the material like in super tailors? does he have cashmere wool suits? I use Mac in Nizmar hotel usually, but may try somewhere else if I know they are good
Hi

I had a lovely suit, 2 tops and an alteration to a t-shirt at Fancy Art Emporium in Baga. They have a couple of shops and are based next to the Ronil Beach Resort Hotel on the main Baga Road. I only paid about 70 pounds for all the above - the guy who runs it is a real character - I had one fitting for the suit at midnight on my way to a club!!

Ali
material is tops, if he dont have it he will get it.

also you dont pay for anything until you are totally happy with it, if it means you walk away at the end of it thats what you do.;
Sam's tailors based at Renton Manor Arpora are great. Had 2 suits made up last year and this year, very well made. About £50 for jacket and 2 pairs of trousers, all silk lined.... ready in about a day and a half....
Thanks for the info sounds great have just bought a bigger suitcase think i will need it as well. Will have to check out the leather place as have been trying to get a 3/4 leather for ages but always to short on the arms as a bit lanky . Only 3 weeks to go can't wait :D
im going to a wedding next year, about a monath or so after returning from Goa, I am interested in getting a suite made in Goa was wondering about qality & prices, any help vry welcome!
Try the tailors at the Phoenix Park Inn hotel in Candolim.
They have many fabrics to choose from.
We had a lot of things made and are very pleased with the quality of it all.
:lol:
Ok, tailors in Goa. I don't want to give a recommendation for a tailor, but I'd just like to offer a bit of advice. We had a couple of leather jackets made to measuse by a tailor in Baga. We only decided to have them done at the latter end of the second week of a three week holiday. When we went for a fitting, it was not good. The tailor had clearly measured our arms as that of a 5 year old child. He re-measured and rectified the mistake, buy it meant that the last part of our holiday was used for faffing around sorting our coats out. Moral of the story - wherever you choose, make sure it's at the start of your holiday so any problems can be ironed out.

Sharon
Like big knickers - I will never - ever again - recommend anybody in Goa to make anything - we have lived here for the last 12 winters and now they change the tailors every season. In the past I have had some wonderful things made in Calangute or Candolim by a good tailor and the next year - 04 - they were making lots of rubbish.
This last season - early 05 - I had so much crap made I took it home and re-styled it myself - not what I would wear at home but will take back to Goa and manybe someone wil want to buy my crap!!
We have always used Armani de goa, he made suits for my other half, son and 3 other guys in our party everybody was very impressed we have been using him for the last 5 years and never had a problem.
hi
the two best tailors r in Mapuca, Mac tailors and Dekhnais near the police station. mac takes abit of time in making stuff but the other one is fast
check them out.

war
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.