Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We went to the Taj earlier in the year on a 16 day tour of Rajastan but I would say to get the best of it you need to be there very early for the sunrise to see it sparkling and evening time for the sunset for the view of the back of it over the river, that's if you are lucky enough to get the sunset. But it is a fantastic place, enjoy yourself.
We did this a few years ago through Daytripper, so not a DIY - best of luck to you. Even though we had organized guides at every meeting point we still got jumped on by many more. The only offer we did take up with one was in the Taj, who showed us around and pointed out the best places for taking photos, well worth it and only 200rps. You will also be pestered by 'professional' photographers who will follow you round for free, and have all the photos ready when you come out of the Taj, buy what you like - always some very good ones but don't be pressured into buying them all.
A massive place is Delhi and all looks very similar every corner you take, so I would pick up a card at your hotel with the address on (we get lost in multi story car parks !) so if you have to taxi back they know the right one (we found out more than one hotel had the same name as ours).
Would love to go back on a DIY some day.
thankyou just the sort of advice we need - everything will be noted ready for our adventure - this will be our 9th trip to Goa - should have done this trip long before now !

any more please anyone
graymond - don't know what your train times are, but we were on a late evening one from Agra to Delhi which ended up 2 hours late, so ended up sat on the platform which was mossie infested, both had shorts on and mossie cream but still got plenty of bites - maybe worth taking some lightweight leggings and long sleeve shirts.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.