Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
taj mahal
146 Posts
One option would be to fly into Delhi, train or driver to Agra then down to Goa returning home via Mumbai. Flying into one city and out of another is no problem with BA or Air India and you dont pay a price premium for doing this either.

Have a look at http://www.indiarail.co.uk. We have used them several times and found them very reliable. They are based in Wembley and are a mine of information. They can book you train tickets before you go so their is no hanging around in booking halls trying to get a seat on your choice of train. We have also hired cars and drivers in advance with this company. The most memorable trip being 2 weeks travelling around Rajasthan. Ten days with a driver and four by train before flying down to Goa.

Hope you find some of this usefull

PS Im not on commission :D
We intend to go to the Taj when we visit in Jan and have been in contact with Day Trippers as they do a 2 night trip to Dehli and Agra from Goa including tour guide etc for between £320-400. they will book your flight from Goa to dehli and arrange everything
Be carefull re weather if you go in Jan. About three years ago we visited about the third week in Jan. Delhi was cavered in freezing fog the flights and trains suffered hours and days delay and when we got to the Taj it was hidden in freezing fog, the cold was unbelievable for India, and it was not a trip I remember fondly, so keep that in mind as it's by no means uncommen at that time of the year and can last for days Alan
Out of topic....but if anyone is visiting the Taj Mahal from Goa and stopping by at New Delhi....then a must see these days is a new temple.

Check out the website: http://akshardham.com/

Enjoy!!!
We have been thinking of flying into Delhi and out of Mumbai( or vice versa)
Would echo Gramps' views on Delhi in January. It can be very cold and foggy - sometimes the planes don't land and are diverted which cocks your whole itinerary up.

The Taj is wonderful but it's a very demanding schedule!
Hi all i usally leave the posting to my lovely wife irish colleen but i need some info,We are of to goa in november for three weeks and we plan a trip to the taj colleen seems to think it would be better to book the trip through one of the local travel agents eg daytrippers ect but i would like to try to do it all myself,have any of you tried this and was it worth all the hassel,i can book the flights ok my problem being where to stay in agra names of good but not expensive hotels,or is the wife right again which she has been since we got married 3200years ago :evil: :evil: oops i mean 32 years :D :lol:hope you can help.irishman
Hi irishman....
personally i would go for it....do it yourself....Goa and India is one big adventure to us....we have been 12 times to Goa on the "cattle trucks"...sorry, i mean package holidays.Last August (monsoon was great) we went to Mumbai for a few days then down to Goa. We will never go on organised trips again....we are doing the same at Easter...so irishman, go for it....forget about the tour operators and do it yourself ( ask Irishcolleen first) :gluck
hi...irishman... :) we too did the tour of the taj .
we booked in goa and flew with air india .
we did the road route to aggra on a mini bus what a fantastic journey it was by road all the life of india appeared to be on or by the side of the road.
we booked a hotel in dehli fot the first night then a hotel very close to the taj for the next 2 nights then a final night back in dehli.
please note they did not allow video cameras inside but you could take normal ones.
have a great trip.
regards..........john-doe...........
We visited Taj 15/1/07,booked this through Daytripper.It is possible to arrange this trip tourselves & you save about £100 each.Spoke to a couple who arranged the trip themselves & used Adams tours for help.The trip was very long & at times hard going.I would not have missed the visit to the Taj however if you can find a way of doing this trip and not staying in Delhi for 2 nights this would help.You do need a guide just to help with railway station and transport,as Delhi is nothing like Goa. We did fly to Delhi & train to aggra.The begging is beyond belief & I feel it could be quite intimidating without a guide.
  • Edited by mogsy 1 2007-01-28 10:51:48
if you can arrange your flights yourself try Namaste- that is who we are using and they are very cheap and I have found a lot of good comments about them. They are very good at emailing as well!
thank you fiona thats fantastic info,i cant believe how cheap namaste tour are for pick up and hotel and a city tour if my maths are right it all comes to 27 or 28 pounds, and the guy who wrote the script for the site what a funny man makes the site really interesting :lol: :lol: if i do the trip myself they are a must thanks again :D
They have changed several things on their itineray for us. It would have been something like £250 for the original quote. We upgraded the hotel in Jaipur. If you go on the India forum you will find more info.
Hi irishman, please can you give me details on how i can book with a similar price, sounds too good to be true and the wife would love this!!
taj
hi ikki if you look at fiona message above mine the name namaste in blue click on the link and read about his offers and could you confirm that im reading it right he says he will pick you up from airport drop you at a specfied hotel and a tour of delhi for 2000 something rupees have a look :lol: :D
taj
forgot to say ikki go to meet and greet section and see option 3 2300 rupees for two people am i right :? :roll: :yipee
Hi,

we are staying in Candolim for 3 weeks in jan 08.
We would like to do a short trip, just to see the taj mahal, either train or flight. Any information greatly received.

PS have read about eddie at daytrippers but the link to his website doesn't seem to work?

thanks

footy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.