Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
taj mahal
146 Posts
When we last visited the Taj a few years ago, it was around the 26th Jan, and both Delhi and the Taj were covered in freezing fog, and really miserable. Its often a problem in Jan. and it means trains and flights are badly disrupted, so I'd leave it as late into your travels as you can. Eddie left Goa last week and as he usually stops over for a break somewhere he may be offline for a bit, but once he is back home he will get in touch alan
thanks for that fiona,

we have sent them an e-mail and await there reply

footy
We used Daytripper for the Taj Mahal Jan 07, excellent trip, great guides plenty of helpful advice from Eddie before we travelled including what is a good price for the Official photos.

Will use again whn I want to do a little more travelling
Hi Taffy,

what were the costs of the taj mahal trip with daytrippers, how long was the trip and what transport did you use. (flights, trains etc;)

thanks footy
Hi Taffy
What was the weather like in Deli in January,?we have booked
for JAN 29TH 2008,hope it will be ok
Thanks
Ann
As Gramps says - that time of year could be hit and miss for the weather. We went with Daytripper a few years ago (8 I think ?) so the trip with them may have changed quite a bit. We went in March when it was very hot up there but the trip was well organised and very enjoyable if a little tiring. Think we paid £800 for 2 which included flights/trains/accomodation/mini bus connections and excellent tour guides for 2 nights/3 days - you could (as a lot have done) make your own way and save some cash, but plan it well and allow a lot more time to see and do everything.
Well worth it, Spike.
From http://www.daytrippergoa.com

http://www.daytrippergoa.com/taj.html

TAJ MAHAL TOUR

(2 Nights / 3 Days) Flight both ways

COST INCLUDES:
:: Accommodation with breakfast as per the itinerary.
:: All transfers & sightseeing by non air-con car
:: Local English speaking guides.
:: Flight ticket Goa - Delhi -Goa
:: Train ticket for Delhi - Agra - Delhi in A/C Chair car.
:: Breakfast and dinner on train
:: Complimentary buffet lunch in 5 * hotel in Agra where specified (excluding drinks).
:: All taxes, parking, and driver allowances.
:: Entrance fee to monuments.

COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:
:: Dinner on first night in Delhi
:: Any item of personal nature like tips, laundry, beverages etc.

"By confirming and booking well in advance of your departure date, it gives us the opportunity to apply for seats on the budget airlines now operating in India. If we are successful in purchasing them, the savings would be passed on to you by making a reduction on the price of the tour".

From £342 staying in economy hotel accommodation
From £441 staying in 4 star hotel accommodation
From £587 staying in 5 star hotel accommodation
Single supplement applies
Daytrippers offices in both Candolim and Calangute were closed last week. Might be closed for the monsoon season?
The weather in the evening was cold and we needed a heater in our hotel.
The fog in the airport caused inbound and outbond delay which I understand is a regular occurrence.

The weather in the day was t-shirt and a light jacket but the jacket could be taken off from about 11.00am

The sunshine helped produce beautiful photos and seeing the Taj glimmering in the sunshine was a sight I will keep with me.

We visited around 17th Jan 2007
Thank you for that infomation Taffy, will take jackets with us.
Ann
Has anyone on here done the economy trip to the Taj with day trippers ..if so can you tell me what you thought of the hotel you stayed and and am I right £342...is for everything that is says on the day trippers post on the 7th of may ....it sounds ok to me ..... :hyper colleen
We did the economy hotel and althought the hotel was basic they brought your breakfast to your room and provided a heater

I would have liked to upgrade to 4 star but it was an extra £100 each, in my opinion not worth it due to the amount of time you spent in the hotel

We arrived at hotel approx 19.00 were picked up an hour later and taken to a restaurant to buy dinner, picked up again at 4.45 th following morning to travel to railway station to catch early morning train to Agra. Didn't arrive back until after 23.00 that evening and were picked up again at 10.00 the following morning.

It was clean but basic - no bar or restaurant but offered room service until 23.00

Collen hope this helps you decide
we visited the taj mahal when we were in candolim in february, we had looked into booking it as a package but as there were three of us it would of worked out about 1200 pound, so we decided to be brave and book the trip independently.
we booked flights with spice jet online from goa to dehi, cost £90 each, then booked hotel in delhi (sunstar grand) with asia rooms for two nights b&b total cost £73 (not each for all three of us). we arranged transfers with namaste india tours from the airport 500 rupees each way and also booked taj mahal day tour with a company called informative travels, cost for the day including train from delhi was about 60 american dollars each, we visited the taj mahal, agra fort and fatepur sikri and had lunch included at the taj hotel in agra. In total the whole trip cost us about £450 for the three us (two adultsand our 15 year old). We had a great time and it certainly was an experience!!

If you are brave enough to book it independently you wil certainly save some money and also have a great adventure too!!
Thanks.. suemat and taffy45... for getting back to me ..suemat I am going to be brave and do it DIY...up to now we have a price for the flights to delhi less than £100each ......pick up from the airport plus a day trip in delhi and the hotel for the night plus breakfast and thats £27 for the two of us with namaste.....total £227.oo ...so I cant see it costing much more to get to the taj...plus a hotel for the night in Agra I think we could do it all for at the most £200...each
We have sent namaste an e mail to ask if they can do us a train down to Agra and get us a hotel and breakfast for the night but the man said its too soon for him to give us a price and has asked us to get back to him in sep ........has anyone ever got namaste to do that for them ...if so can you tell me what it cost please ......................colleen
hi colleen, we are hoping to go to the taj in january this time, and have been looking at going with davidair they are based in candolim just past the football field, they are cheaper. the web site is http://www.com2goa.com i have emailed them and they have said its ok to just book when we get there, which is what we are now going to do. :)
Hi Suemat you make it sound so easy which I'm sure it is once you know where to start.
Did you book things before you left for Goa or once you were there.
We are going for 3 weeks next March and would love to visit the Taj.
Thanks
Spottiswoode
IC
Namaste quoted me in January for our Golden Triangle tour in October.They were very flexible as we changed a few things. We got a brilliant quote. Of course, I'll have to wait before I can say how good they are :D
spottiswoode,
we booked everything online before we went, it was really easy, spicejet were quite good and they were on time both ways. i was worried before we went that something may go wrong ie transfers may not turn up ect but it all went quite smoothly and it was a memorable experience.

ps. forgot to say we booked flights, hotel ect early october for travel in february.
Hi Suemat, thanks for the reply, will certainly look into that nearer the time.
Spottiswoode
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.