Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
taj mahal
146 Posts
I am working my way through hotel reviews at the moment. Hopefully anyone thinking of booking the tour will find them useful :D
Hi

Taj Mahal is closed on Fridays. and you can visit taj during the Full Moon Nights duribng the night normally open till 7PM in summers and 6:30PM in winters. during the night you can go to taj Khema(200 Mts away from taj mahal for dinner or anything from the eastern gate of Taj Mahal. make sure that you go to oberoi Amar vilas. and just ask them to show you the kohinoor Suite. I have a video of the full room and its amazing and would cost Rs.2,75,000/ Night. awesome place. taj mahal is beautiful not just from the base and also behind the river where they say the foundation of Black taj mahal lies. TUK TUK is the best way to reach their.

Cheers
Enjoy the Symbol of Love.

Karan
We've done Taj in January and can only agree with other posts in that its cold at night so take a fleece or jumper.
Dixie,

What was the general weather lioke during the day, was it bright or overcast and misty?

Footy

PS We are hoping to make a trip to Taj January coming.
We visited about the 26th Jan three or so years ago and the weather was auful, flights in and out of Delhi were delayed for hours, the trains were running about five hours late and the Taj Mahal weas hidden in freezing fog and running with moisture. It was deserted and there was no queuing for the "Lady Di" seat as the Taj was invisible from it. This sort of weather is not uncommon in the Delhi, Agra region, and especially during Jan., can last for days, so if you are thinking of visiting at that time it's worth bearing in mind. We had to buy winter clothing and we were still frozen !! Alan
that must have been so disappointing. We had a similar experience in another part of the world- Christ the Redeemer. Standing right next to him and it was if he wasn't there at all.You do feel a little cheated.
I hope those going in January escape the fog and mist- it is one of these "once in a lifetime" experiences
Fiona can you bring your camera and your video camera in to the taj mahal with you :?: thanks ....colleen
IC, you can take your cameras in, there is a charge for both cameras and video cams are not allowed past the entrance gate. Most digital compacts have a video setting on them, use that :wink: Inside the crypt there is no flash photography allowed.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/842/img005yl5.jpg
I would just like to tell you all that we went to the TAJ MAHAL on the 21st november ...we went with namaste.tours and I have to say they were brill they sure know how to do their job.. :lol: :lol
We went for 5 days and 4 nights and it cost us about £200 each this was the flights and the 3 nights in a 4 star hotel in delhi and one night in a 4 star hotel in agra...a driver for the 5 days and an A/C car.......the driver picked us up at the airport took us to our hotel in delhi got us settled in and then took us on a half day tour of delhi....
next morning he took us to agra....where we saw the taj.mahal..that day we stayed that night in a 4 star hotel in agra....
next morning he took us on a full days tour of agra ...and then back to our hotel in delhi for the night .......next morning he took us on a full day tour of delhi..and back to our hotel for the last night ......next morning he took us back to the airport for the flight back to goa ....before we left to go to the airport the boss who owns namaste
..tours and lou anne the lady who helped us so much with all our e mails come to meet us at our hotel ......they give us a little car the same as the one we had be in for the last 5 days ...I thought that was really nice of them :lol: :lol: I still cant believe my husband booked all this with nameste on the net ..and we never paid a penny to we got to delhi....as I said they booked our flights for us as well as all the tours ...all I can say is they are a brill place to deal with .......colleen
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/6666/1000943cj7.jpg[.mg.........[b]forgot[/..to say notice the blue H/T bands hubbys arm is round me but you can still see our bands
HT wristband visits the Taj Mahal- I think there should be a reward for that IC :lol:
Can anyone beat that?
Apart from the Taj, what did you enjoy on your trip? Didn't you find that your holiday seemed to last longer than just the whole time in Goa?
What was the general weather lioke during the day, was it bright or overcast and misty?

It's mixed, tends to be damp and misty in the mornings with a lot of flight delays, then bright and warm later on when the sun breaks through.
Can get very warm in the afternoons (mid 20's?), though the locals still wear hats and scarves.

Have to say, Delhi on an early January morning can feel like the most depressing place on earth, very gloomy.
We are booked to go on the 28th Dec returning on 31st Dec, have a few worries now regarding the possibility of flight delays. as there is no other place in the world I want to be on New Years Eve than Candolim beach, but I guess there is no point in worrying about something that hasn't happened, or I can't change,

Lin
We arrive on Jan29th for our trip to the Taj hope it won,t be to bad. :shrug
to late to cancell as all our flights are booked. London/Delhi
Deli/Goa
Ann
We went to Goa in Novemeber and went to a travel agent to organise a trip to Agra. It was a 2 night trip with hotels included, and the price of the train tickets were also included in that. The travel agents was in Calangute by the Levi shop. The reason we didn't go is because we would have been sitting around in Delhi airport for 8 hours waiting for our flight. It worked out about £300 for two of us-which I thought was quite good. It was a flight to Delhi and an overnight stop, a train ride to Agra and an overnight stop there aswell, returning the next day. I don't know if this helps at all, but if you're planning on going to Goa and arranging from there, this travel agents might be of some use to you (Plus you get chocolate Ecclairs while you're in there :D ) Good Luck x
bedazldbabe wrote:
we would have been sitting around in Delhi airport for 8 hours waiting for our flight

Not great- Delhi airport is quite basic and I found it a bit claustrophic.
brought back for fred flintstones son :)
:que I dont know where I read it but Gramps put a post on to me to ask me about our trip to the taj mahal ......if you look on this page Gramps it will tell you all about our trip all I can say is it was out of this world .......and all done through a few e mails ........Fiona when I was doing a post reply to the post gramps addressed to me ..it said the topic does not exist : :que why would that be ........colleen

just found gramps post its in bog.beach/taj .... :oops: :oops: gramps we did not go to japur we only done Delhi /Agra
Its still there IC :) There are too many Tajs on the forum :rofl
missing posts
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.