Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Re: Taj Mahal
146 Posts
Irishcoleen
Great report. Just got me panicking a bit re the airport and what if we miss our taxi driver :yikes :yikes So I take it shorts and a strappy t-shirt are not the order of the day :rofl :rofl
Which hotles did you stay in?
In delhi it was the singh sahib ...and in agra it was the amar they were very good hotels i was more that happy with them ......
taj
Brought back up for ..polly50 smudger and jettii to have a look over this

I would just like to tell you all that we went to the TAJ MAHAL on the 21st november ...we went with namaste.tours and I have to say they were brill they sure know how to do their job.. :lol: :lol
We went for 5 days and 4 nights and it cost us about £200 each this was the flights and the 3 nights in a 4 star hotel in delhi and one night in a 4 star hotel in agra...a driver for the 5 days and an A/C car.......the driver picked us up at the airport took us to our hotel in delhi got us settled in and then took us on a half day tour of delhi....
next morning he took us to agra....where we saw the taj.mahal..that day we stayed that night in a 4 star hotel in agra....
next morning he took us on a full days tour of agra ...and then back to our hotel in delhi for the night .......next morning he took us on a full day tour of delhi..and back to our hotel for the last night ......next morning he took us back to the airport for the flight back to goa ....before we left to go to the airport the boss who owns namaste
..tours and lou anne the lady who helped us so much with all our e mails come to meet us at our hotel ......they give us a little car the same as the one we had be in for the last 5 days ...I thought that was really nice of them :lol: :lol: I still cant believe my husband booked all this with nameste on the net ..and we never paid a penny to we got to delhi....as I said they booked our flights for us as well as all the tours ...all I can say is they are a brill place to deal with .......colleen
Image[.mg.........[b]forgot[/..to say notice the blue H/T bands hubbys arm is round me but you can still see our bands
was this last season by any chance as we have been quoted a stupid amount of money for a trip to the taj and thats going by train one way???? if not can you please PM me the email address of namasta company they sound brilliant
http://www.namasteindiatours.com/
This is their website. Can't speak highly enough of them.
Thanks Fiona will contact them want to take the grandkids there, cant live in India for 2 years and not visit it
Why not combine it with somewhere like Jaipur? That really is a magical place. Namaste takes you to the forts above the Amber Fort and you can imagine being in the middle of a siege. Most travel companies do not venture to them so you feel you have the forts to yourself. Your children would love the elephant ride up to the Amber Fort( can't say I did though :rofl )Agra itself did not impress me but of course the Taj Mahal more than makes up for it. It is just stunning.
We went to the Taj - flew from Goa stayed in a very nice hotel in Delhi (5*) and a 4* in Agra taxi driver and guide with us cost £600 perhaps a bit steep!! We had a tour of Delhi the drivers make Goan drivers seem the best in India. On the drive to Agra did wonder if it was worth it - have to say a big YES!! it was.
No picture can show just how awe inspiring the Taj is. made me want to cry when I first saw it even my OH said it made the hairs on the back of his neckstand up.
On saying that I was glad to get back to civilised Goan driving :rofl
Well our 5 weeks is nearly up :( and I am not looking at the count downs on this site 'cos Im green with envy:cry
5th time out and despite the traffic, and all the other moans people have I ave loved every minute
my experience can be read here( including a bit about driving :yikes :rofl ).
We have just returned from a three week holiday in Goa and before travelling organised a trip to the Taj Mahal with 'DayTrippers' which was based in Baga (they also have other shops in Goa). We dealt with a lady called Liza and we cannot express enough how pleased we were with the organisation. We were met at every point by a guide and driver and we were looked after magnificantly. We give DayTrippers.com 100% and would definately use them again. :)
kerinca Do you mind me asking how many days you went for and how much did it cost you .....colleen
COLLEEN, We went for 2 night and 3 days and it cost approx £720.00 for two people. That price included everything, flights, train, meals, guide, hotel (only thing we paid for was the first night evening meal and drinks). Was a real bargain and would recommend it!!
Thank you kerinca for getting back to me .we liked the Taj so much we are going to go back again in november ..colleen
IC

Thats when I'm probably going :D Looking at 3 weeks this year so, as I can't have xmas off (hate the NHS) it's going to be last week November and first 2 weeks December. :D

Hoping to book with Namaste as I'll be on my own.
Why dont you come along with us celcat you would be more than welcome polly50 smudger ..jettii ...will be going to we are thinking of going late in november on the last few days ..do you know your dates yet .....colleen
Celcat,Colleen is right you would be more than welcome to join us it is more fun with
a good group of freinds :ghug
we are hoping to
go on the 27th november :wave:
Grannypat and Smudger2
If you are brave you can save alot of money travelling round India by doing things yourself, booking your own trains and making your own arrangements. We travelled from Goa to Delhi in 2 nd Class Ac and it only cost £28 each, this was a 42 hour train journey, but absolutely brilliant. We then caught the train onto Agra. Everything is easy as long as you book the tickets in advance.

As for Agra, its not the best city in India, but is only there for 1 purpose, to allow people to see in my opinion the best wonder of the world. The Taj Mahal is jaw droppingly brilliant. If you enter from the Gate that faces the Taj you get the most amazing view of the lakes and the Taj.

I have travelled all over the world and see the Great Barrier Reef, Ayers Rock, Machu Pichu and loads of other stuff, but the Taj is the best thing I have ever seen
:hyper :thanks IC and grannypat :D

Oooh, getting all excited now!! I have asked for annual leave from the 28th November to the 19th December (give or take a few days!) so now just got to wait and see if I get it. I also want to spend a few days in Mumbai as I didn't get there last year and I think I better pm now!!!

:offtop sorry fiona but I'm very very :hyper !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.