Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Taj M ahal
146 Posts
We went last november hubby did it all his self on the net before we went we went for 5 days and everything all in flights and all cost us about £200 each that was 4 star hotels it was fab .....colleen
merged to thread which should help you phil :)
It can be very cold in January, :( try and have as many days as possible, Delhi is worth looking at and spending a night.

The train journey from Goa to Delhi is about 28hours !!

I travelled by road from Delhi to Agra very interesting, and picked up a guide for the Taj tour which is a must. You get badgered from photographers, they charge about IR100 each they are generally very good photos tell them how many you would like before they start, you usually manage to get the lot at a bargin price.

It was all booked in Goa.
Enjoy the trip :wave:
Thanks for this posting! I have just emailed Namaste and waiting to see what they can do for a single female. :tup
I have been to the Taj Mahal twice now . Its well worth going but if you can only do one trip while you are in Goa i would go and see the Golden Temple in Amristar . Amazing place and i cant wait to go back again. From the Golden Temple its a 20 minute taxi to the Pakistan/India border which is well worth it as well.
Tracey we did our Taj trip in November with Namaste they are fab you will be more that pleased with them colleen
Okay, I have a few questions that I'm hoping you can all answer...

1) Did you book a two week holiday in Goa or just the flights?

2) were the flights from Goa to Delhi included in the price or who did you get them from?

3) Did anyone do a 'shorter' visit than the 5n/6d one?

Sorry for the questions but I'm getting quite excited at doing this!! :D

Thankyou in advance

Tania
namaste will fit things round the time you want to give to it. We actually flew into Delhi and out of Mumbai( from Goa). I'm sure any companywould be flexible :)
It is very easy to organise you own trip. Spice Jet from Goa direct to Delhi approx £160 return for 2 people. Book an hotel online, price dependant on your budget, then once in Delhi book a day trip to the Taj at either your hotel or a local travel agents. I can't remember what we paid but it was very cheap. Our driver arranged for a guide round the Taj so that avoided alot of hassle. The hotel cost us about £25 a night and it was quite basic, but it was clean and the staff were extremely helpful in advising us where to go and what to see in Delhi. We had an amazing 4 days at a fraction of the price organised tours cost plus it was great fun organising it ourselves! :tup
Hi we booked our own flights with Virgin from Heathrow/Delhi
booked tour with Culture Tours they were fantastic ,then flight
with Kingfisher Delhi/Goa it was all easy Culture tours pick you up
and return to the airport first class hotels and transport with
excellent guides.
ann :)
We have decided after 11 years of going to Goa, we would finally like to go up and see tge Taj Mahal, fly out of Dabolim, and stay overnight in nice hotel, collected from the airport by private taxi, and use the same person for the couple of days, has any one booked this before., and if so, could they let me know who they have used.Thank you
merged with a thread which should help :)
littlepen .. is it namasta you will be using ??????colleen
irishcolleen

I have not decided yet, will have a look at their site though and let you know
littlepen .... we used them and they were fab I would tell everyone to use them .....this is what we did with them ....

i have always wanted to go to the Taj Mahal and im happy to say we got it booked and will be going on the 21st nov .....we booked it with Namasta too and the girl was really brill and sorted everything out ..
WE are going for 5 days and like Baz.. we.have upgraded to 4 star hotels...we paid just over £200 EACH.....and this is flights and all everything all in trips the car ...all taxs..tours the lot ....we are very happy with the price ....as daytrippers charge for one person for a 2 day trip what we paid for the 2 of us .for a 5 day trip.......also namasta got us our flights and the trips and we dont have to PAY.....for anything to we get to goa .....if anyone needs to know anymore about the trip ..just ask me ........................colleen :whoops SORRY WE did this trip in november 2007....incase you think we will be going this november
Can anybody tell me the best time to visit the taj between feb and april?? :cheers
Hi we were at the Taj last Feb the weather early morning was misty you needed a wrap
or sweater, once the sun came up the mist cleared and it was hot,seeing the Taj first
through the mist then again with the sun on it was breathtaking some thing not to be
missed :)
ann
What clothing do you need to wear when going to the Taj. don't want to appear disrespectful? :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.